31.3228, Books: Anatolian Verbal Stem Formation: Sasseville

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 23 02:16:22 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3228. Thu Oct 22 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3228, Books: Anatolian Verbal Stem Formation: Sasseville

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Jeremy Coburn <jecoburn at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 22:15:58
From: Clovis Jaillet [Jaillet at Brill.com]
Subject: Anatolian Verbal Stem Formation: Sasseville

Title: Anatolian Verbal Stem Formation
Subtitle: Luwian, Lycian and Lydian
Series Title: Brill's Studies in Indo-European Languages & Linguistics

Publication Year: 2020
Publisher: Brill
	   http://www.brill.com

Book URL: https://brill.com/view/title/58254

Author: David Sasseville

Electronic: ISBN:  9789004436299 Pages: 621 Price: Europe EURO 179
Hardback: ISBN:  9789004436282 Pages: 621 Price: Europe EURO 179

Abstract:

In Anatolian Verbal Stem Formation, David Sasseville offers an extensive
classification of the Luwian, Lycian and Lydian verbal stem classes. This
serves as a basis for reconstructing the Proto-Luwic stage and subsequent
comparison with Hittite, providing new insights into the Proto-Anatolian
verbal system and by extension into the reconstruction of Proto-Indo-European.
Besides its contribution to the study of verbal morphology, the present book
also provides significant insights into the philology of the Anatolian
languages. The detailed analyses of the synchronic data, including a
philological survey of verbal forms and paradigms for the individual stem
classes, enhance our understanding of Luwian, Lycian and Lydian and thereby
benefit the fields of Hittitology and other studies on the Classical period in
Asia Minor.

                     Language Acquisition
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics

Language Family(ies): Indo-European

Written In: English  (eng)

See this book announcement on our website:
http://linguistlist.org/pubs/books/get-book.cfm?BookID=147853