31.3250, FYI: FYI: Editorial change JB journal JPCL

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 26 21:08:08 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3250. Mon Oct 26 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3250, FYI:  FYI: Editorial change JB journal JPCL

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 17:07:56
From: Karin Plijnaar [karin.plijnaar at benjamins.nl]
Subject: FYI: Editorial change JB journal JPCL

After many years Armin Schwegler (University of California, Irvine) is
stepping down as Associate Editor of the Journal of Pidgin and Creole
Languages. It has been our pleasure to work with Armin and we are sorry to see
him go. We are happy, though, that Editor Don Winford (The Ohio State
University) has found three new Associate Editors to assist him in his work:
John H. McWhorter (Columbia University), Bettina Migge (University College
Dublin), and Anthony P. Grant (Edge Hill University).

The Journal of Pidgin and Creole Languages (JPCL) aims to provide a forum for
the scholarly study of pidgins, creoles, and other contact language varieties,
from multi-disciplinary perspectives. The journal places special emphasis on
current research devoted to empirical description, theoretical issues, and the
broader implications of the study of contact languages for theories of
language acquisition and change, and for linguistic theory in general. The
editors also encourage contributions that explore the application of
linguistic research to language planning, education, and social reform, as
well as studies that examine the role of contact languages in the social life
and culture, including the literature, of their communities.

The journal has a companion series of books, the Contact Language Library,
formerly Creole Language Library.

ISSN: 0920-9034
E-ISSN: 1569-9870

Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics
                     Sociolinguistics