31.2744, Calls: Applied Ling/Spain

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 7 16:17:00 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2744. Mon Sep 07 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2744, Calls: Applied Ling/Spain

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 12:16:32
From: Birgit Strotmann [birgit.strotmann at comillas.edu]
Subject: 44th Annual National Convention TESOL-SPAIN

Full Title: 44th Annual National Convention TESOL-SPAIN

Date: 05-Mar-2021 - 07-Mar-2021
Location: Madrid, Spain
Contact Person: Annie Altamirano
Meeting Email: tesolspainvicepresident at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.tesol-spain.org/en/pages/1/convention-2021.html

Call Deadline: 15-Oct-2020

Meeting Description:

Three-day conference for English Teaching Professionals with over 100
different presentations, exhibition area of over 40 ELT publishers and
providers, networking opportunities. This year's theme is ''Adjusting the
Sails: The Right Directions in ELT''. This theme invites us to reflect on the
way forward in language teaching and learning in the current circumstances.
The important thing is to know we are all working together to help our
students achieve their best.

Our world is moving forward and each of us is helping in our own way to ensure
that our learners feel secure and confident. We need to trust in our instincts
and ensure that the values of a just and harmonious society are ever present
in our classrooms and learning moments. In order to develop and grow as
teachers we need to surround ourselves with supportive people who will help us
find the right direction to take. The convention is your opportunity to find
the direction you would like to take your teaching in a supportive,
challenging and rewarding environment.

Call for Papers:

We especially welcome presentations which deal with multiculturalism,
inclusive practices, global issues, creativity and innovation, critical
thinking and problem solving, communication, cooperation, literacy, and
bilingual education, as well as those which are of wide general interest for
language teachers, educators working in different sectors and with a wide
range of student profiles.

Please complete the Presentation Proposal Form carefully. Include an abstract,
outline and biodata (see
https://www.tesolspainmadrid2021.com/call-for-papers).

Conditions: In accordance with our Statutes, all residents of Spain giving a
non-commercial presentation must be current members of TESOL-SPAIN i.e. have
paid their membership dues to gain access to the convention. Membership forms
are available on the website. Presenters do not have to pay the Convention
Registration fee and have free access to the event over the whole weekend.
Please complete ALL sections of this form. Incomplete forms will NOT be
considered!