32.2577, Summer Schools: METU International Workshop on Language and Cognition in Under-represented Children / Turkey

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Aug 7 19:10:14 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2577. Sat Aug 07 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2577, Summer Schools: METU International Workshop on Language and Cognition in Under-represented Children / Turkey

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 15:10:03
From: duygu ozge [duyguozge at gmail.com]

METU International Workshop on Language and Cognition in Under-represented Children

Host Institution: Middle East Technical University
Website: https://langcog.metu.edu.tr/en/metu-international-workshop-language-and-cognition-under-represented-children

Dates: 07-Sep-2021 - 07-Sep-2021
Location: Ankara, Çankaya, Turkey

Focus: Language and cognitive development in under-represented or disadvantaged populations
Minimum Education Level: MA

This workshop will mark the end of our British Academy Newton project on
language and cognitive abilities of Syrian children living in Turkey.

We welcome submissions from researchers working on language and cognitive
development in under-represented or disadvantaged populations (e.g. refugees,
minorities, international adoptees, individuals with PTSD and so on). We aim
to increase means for collaboration among these researchers, and to raise
awareness about inclusive cognitive science.

Workshop Host: METU Language and Cognitive Development Lab
Workshop Organisers: Duygu Özge and Özlem Yeter from Middle East Technical
University (METU), Hugh Rabagliati from the University of Edinburgh.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, August 22, 2021
Workshop Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Funding: The British Academy Newton Advanced Fellowship ref. NAF2R2\100075 to
Duygu Özge and Hugh Rabagliati.

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics

Registration: 04-Aug-2021 to 22-Aug-2021

Contact Person: duygu ozge
                Email: duyguozge at gmail.com

Apply by Email: lcd at metu.edu.tr

Registration Instructions:
Abstract Requirements:
- Single-spaced, Times New Roman 12-pt font, 1-inch margins
- One-page .PDF file
- No identifying information about the author(s) on the abstract document
- Along with your abstracts, please provide the following information in your
e-mail:
- Title of your paper
- Author(s) and affiliation(s)

You can find more information about the workshop on this link: