32.2733, Internships: Pragmatics; Annotation: Annotator Intern, Workhuman, USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 23 19:15:28 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2733. Mon Aug 23 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2733, Internships: Pragmatics; Annotation: Annotator Intern, Workhuman, USA

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:14:40
From: Lauren Van Duyn [lauren.vanduyn at workhuman.com]

University or Organization: Workhuman
Department: Workhuman IQ
Type of Work: Annotation

Linguistic Field(s): Pragmatics

Voluntary
Minimum Education Level: BA
Are you interested in changing the world of work? We’re building a world-class
analytics team to apply data science to the soft side of how work gets done.
We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!

Workhuman is seeking an Annotator Intern to join our Workhuman iQ team as a
domain expert.  This role focuses on analyzing unstructured data for over 37
million workplace recognition moments. This person is expected to become an
expert in uncovering insights hidden in recognition moments across dozens of
countries for our customers, the industry and our company.

You will apply cutting-edge NLP approaches to an enormous variety of problems
across several industries.  For example, you will build NLP models to
accomplish outcomes such as rating sentiment, uncovering hidden bias, identify
meaning behind recognition moments, and identify semantic patterns that lead
to workplace outcomes (e.g., reduced turnover, increased productivity, etc).

Your work will be project-oriented, and you will often be responsible for the
data findings and interpretation of results and transferring capabilities to
colleagues, clients and internal product teams.  You will constructively
discuss your findings while always looking for the best solution.

This position will report to the NLP Manager.

Main duties & responsibilities:
 - Annotate natural language English data with predefined sentiment, topics
taxonomy and actionable categories
 - Contribute to continuous improvement of the data annotation process
 - Contribute to the language resources development including lexicons and
language patterns
 - Helping with annotation guideline review and update
 - Helping with sample data review for various NLP tasks
 - Helping with quality checking on the outputs of NLP models

Required skills and experience:
 - College student or fresh graduate with 1-2 years professional experience
 - Proficiency in Microsoft spreadsheets and willingness to learn and use
in-house annotation tools
 - Attention to details
 - Able to maintain annotation consistency
 - Previous experience with natural language annotation tasks
 - Background in linguistics or language-related major is preferred

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Web Address for Applications:https://workhuman.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorkhumanCareers/job/Framingham-MA/Annotator-Intern_R688
Contact Information:
	Lauren Van Duyn
	Email: lauren.vanduyn at workhuman.com