32.3966, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Teaching Stream (CLTA), Spanish Applied Linguistics and Language Pedagogy, University of Toronto

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 17 00:24:45 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3966. Wed Dec 15 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3966, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Teaching Stream (CLTA), Spanish Applied Linguistics and Language Pedagogy, University of Toronto

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 18:19:23
From: Rosinda Raposo [rosinda.raposo at alum.utoronto.ca]
Subject: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Teaching Stream (CLTA), Spanish Applied Linguistics and Language Pedagogy, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

University or Organization: University of Toronto
Department: Spanish and Portuguese
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Web Address: https://www.spanport.utoronto.ca/
Job Title: Teaching Stream (CLTA), Spanish Applied Linguistics and Language Pedagogy
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

The Department of Spanish and Portuguese in the Faculty of Arts and Science at
the University of Toronto invites applications for a five year, Contractually
Limited Term Appointment (CLTA) in the area of Spanish Applied Linguistics and
Language Pedagogy. The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor,
Teaching Stream with an expected start date of July 1, 2022, and ending on
June 30, 2027.

Applicants must have earned a PhD degree in Spanish Applied Linguistics and
Language Pedagogy or a related area by the time of appointment, with a
demonstrated record of excellence in teaching. Candidates must have teaching
experience in a University Spanish Language Program, and demonstrated
experience in language program development, teacher training and instructor
supervision. Additionally, candidates must demonstrate a record of excellence
in pedagogical inquiry and teaching-related scholarly activities. We seek
candidates whose teaching interests complement and enhance our existing
departmental strengths.

Evidence of excellence in teaching and pedagogical inquiry can be demonstrated
through teaching accomplishments, awards, presentations at significant
conferences, the teaching dossier submitted as part of the application (with
required materials outlined below), as well as strong letters of reference.

Candidates are also expected to show evidence of a commitment to equity,
diversity, inclusion, and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning
and working environment demonstrated through the application materials.

Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

All qualified candidates are invited to apply online by clicking the link
below. Applicants must submit a cover letter; a current curriculum vitae; and
a complete teaching dossier to include a teaching statement, sample syllabi
and course materials, and teaching evaluations. We seek candidates who value
diversity and whose research, teaching and service bear out our commitment to
equity. Candidates are therefore also asked to submit a 1‐2 page statement of
contributions to equity and diversity, which might cover topics such as (but
not limited to): research or teaching that incorporates a focus on
underrepresented communities, the development of inclusive pedagogies, or the
mentoring of students from underrepresented groups.

Applicants must provide the name and contact information of three references.
The University of Toronto’s recruiting tool will automatically solicit and
collect letters of reference from each once an application is submitted (this
happens overnight). Applicants remain responsible for ensuring that references
submit letters (on letterhead, dated and signed) by the closing date. At least
one reference letter must primarily address the candidate’s teaching.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority.

Submission guidelines can be found at the application link below. Your CV and
cover letter should be uploaded into the dedicated fields. Please combine
additional application materials into one or two files in PDF/MS Word format.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Prof. Ana T.
Pérez-Leroux, at spanport.chair at utoronto.ca.

All application materials, including reference letters, must be received by
January 17, 2022.

Please see our Diversity Statement here:
https://jobs.utoronto.ca/content/Workplace-Inclusion/?locale=en_US.

Our Accessibility Statement is also available on our website. If you require
any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process,
please contact uoft.careers at utoronto.ca.

Application Deadline: 17-Jan-2022

Web Address for Applications: http://uoft.me/how-to-apply
Contact Information: