32.405, Books: New Directions in Cognitive Grammar and Style: Giovanelli, Harrison, Nuttall (eds.)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 2 16:42:58 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-405. Tue Feb 02 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.405, Books: New Directions in Cognitive Grammar and Style: Giovanelli, Harrison, Nuttall (eds.)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Billy Dickson <billyd at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 11:42:28
From: Khadija Ahmed [khadija.ahmed at bloomsbury.com]

Title: New Directions in Cognitive Grammar and Style
Publication Year: 2020
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing (formerly The Continuum International Publishing Group)
	   http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/

Book URL: https://www.bloomsbury.com/new-directions-in-cognitive-grammar-and-style-9781350111110/

Editor: Marcello Giovanelli
Editor: Chloe Harrison
Editor: Louise Nuttall

Electronic: ISBN:  9781350111134 Pages: 304 Price: U.K. £ 85.50
Electronic: ISBN:  9781350111127 Pages: 304 Price: U.K. £ 85.50
Hardback: ISBN:  9781350111110 Pages: 304 Price: U.K. £ 95.00

Abstract:

In recent years, the Cognitive Grammar account of language and mind has become
an influential framework for the study of textual meaning and interpretation.
This book is the first to bring together applications of Cognitive Grammar for
a range of stylistic purposes, including the analysis of both literary and
non-literary discourse.

Demonstrating the diverse range of uses for Cognitive Grammar, chapters apply
this framework to diverse text-types including poetry, narrative fiction,
comics, press reports, political discourse and music, as well as exploring its
potential for the teaching of language and literature in a range of contexts.
Combining cutting-edge research in cognitive, critical and pedagogical
stylistics, New Directions in Cognitive Grammar and Style showcases the latest
developments in this field and offers new insights into our experiences of
literary and non-literary texts by drawing on current understandings of
language and cognition.

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science

Written In: English  (eng)

See this book announcement on our website:
http://linguistlist.org/pubs/books/get-book.cfm?BookID=151074