32.413, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Manager, LexCheck Inc.

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 3 20:28:05 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-413. Wed Feb 03 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.413, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Manager, LexCheck Inc.

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 15:27:42
From: LexCheck Recruiting [jobs at lexcheck.com]
Subject: English; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Manager, LexCheck Inc., Ontario, Canada

University or Organization: LexCheck Inc.
Job Location: Ontario, Canada
Web Address: http://www.lexcheck.com/
Job Title: Junior Product Manager
Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The practice of law keeps evolving; we want to bring legal technology up to
speed. This is an opportunity to join LexCheck, one of the fastest growing
startups in the legal technology sector. We are looking for a junior product
manager to help lead the charge in building out our contract review automation
product offerings.

LexCheck aims to produce solutions that change our customer's day-to-day lives
for the better. As a result, product management is key to LexCheck's success
as an organization. You will interface with our customers to find ways in
which LexCheck could provide additional value and then work with our
development teams to turn those ideas into reality.

This position will be primarily focused on the building out of LexCheck's
proprietary contract automation technology and processes. This is a great
opportunity to put a linguistics background to work.

We provide the opportunity to work on the cutting-edge of our sector, with
significant growth potential and upward mobility. You would have the
opportunity to wear a lot of different hats, while also making a meaningful
impact on the LexCheck organization as a whole. Opportunities to receive
on-the-job training and mentorship from more senior LexCheck team members will
be plentiful.

Responsibilities:
- Analyzing precedent documents and developing natural language processing
searches in response to customer requests
- Identifying opportunities, and designing solutions, to improve the efficacy
of our proprietary search language and search building processes
- Provide input on the look, design and feel of our product
- Understand customer needs through primary research and market data
- Develop product lines and appraise new ideas for market viability
- Research competitive landscape
- Generate product requirements and work closely with engineering teams to
bring those requirements into reality
- Develop product specifications, production timetables, pricing, and
time-integrated plans for product introduction

About You:
- University degree, with a strong academic record
- Linguistics coursework (NLP or coding background a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Interest in learning about the intersection of law and technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention-to-detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset and enjoys startup environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a strong grasp of the
English language

About Us:
- Development. LexCheck works on challenging problems that will test your
problem-solving limits and make them stronger in the process. LexCheck
emphasizes training, mentorship and development in hopes of helping junior
team members reach their full potential.
- Customers. LexCheck works with benchmark companies that employ best
practices in their legal departments. Our users include top law firms and
Fortune 500 companies. Learn about the legal industry from some of the best
around.
- Team. The LexCheck team is filled with fun, nice people that make great
partners for taking on problems. LexCheck's founder is a successful serial
legal-tech entrepreneur who has created market-leading products that are
currently widely used by law firms and corporations.
- Location. Downtown Toronto office with a laid-back environment (currently
remote). New York City headquarters.
- Benefits. We offer competitive compensation including a strong base salary
and a comprehensive benefits package.

If you would like to apply for this position, please send your cover letter,
resume and transcript to the application email provided below.

Email Address for Applications: jobs at lexcheck.com
Contact Information
	LexCheck Recruiting
	Email: jobs at lexcheck.com