32.420, Confs: Applied Ling, Comp Ling, Forensic Ling, Text/Corpus Ling, Translation/Switzerland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 3 21:14:30 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-420. Wed Feb 03 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.420, Confs: Applied Ling, Comp Ling, Forensic Ling, Text/Corpus Ling, Translation/Switzerland

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 16:13:16
From: Fernando Benites [fernando.benites at fhnw.ch]
Subject: 6th Swiss Text Analytics Conference

6th Swiss Text Analytics Conference
Short Title: SwissText 2021

Date: 14-Jun-2021 - 16-Jun-2021
Location: Brugg, Switzerland
Contact: Fernando Benites
Contact Email: info at swisstext.org
Meeting URL: https://www.swisstext.org/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Forensic Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation

Meeting Description:

SwissText is an annual conference that brings together text analytics experts
from industry and academia. It is organised by the Swiss Association for
Natural Language Processing (SwissNLP) in collaboration with the University of
Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW) as well as the
Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) and the data innovation alliance.
SwissText 2021 is part of the “Networking Event Series - Natural Language
Processing” funded by InnoSuisse, the Swiss Innovation Agency. It is supported
by more than 10 universities and scientific associations.

Call for Papers:

We invite you to submit a contribution to the 6th Swiss Text Analytics
Conference (SwissText, https://www.swisstext.org/), which takes place on June
14-16, 2021 in Brugg, Switzerland.

We have the following calls for contributions:

**Call for Presentations  (deadline: March 7, 2021)
https://www.swisstext.org/call-for-presentations/:

The SwissText conference will feature the following tracks:
 - Applied Track, with a strong focus on industry and applied research. This
track constitutes the continuation of the “Swiss Track” from previous
SwissText editions.
 - Scientific Track, with technical research papers from the international
scientific community.
 - Demo Track, which provides a platform for companies and universities to
showcase their interactive NLP solutions.
 - NEW Highlights Track, where you can present any interesting talk or paper
you have seen or given in the past year, in a top tier conference.

**Call for Workshops  (deadline: March 8, 2021)
https://www.swisstext.org/call-for-workshops/:
We invite proposals for workshops to be held at the SwissText 2021 Conference.
The main objective of the workshops is to facilitate the interaction and
discussion on topics relevant for both industry and academia. We also
encourage the submission of proposals for tutorials, hackathons as well as
forums for discussions. We strongly encourage you to make the workshops highly
interactive.

Workshops may consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
 - Tutorials
 - Panel Discussions
 - Hackathons

Workshops can last from at least 2 hours to a full-day event. Submission of
proposals can be sent to our workshop inbox.

Please include:
 - Short section about the motivation and goals
 - Tentative, coarse-grained outline
 - Short CV of the instructor(s)

**Call for Shared Tasks  (deadline extended: February 7, 2021)
https://www.swisstext.org/call-for-shared-tasks/:
We invite researchers to submit proposals for shared tasks in the fields of
natural language processing, computational linguistics, and machine
learning/data science with a focus on text analytics. Tasks can be
multilingual or in a single language. We especially encourage tasks on typical
languages in Switzerland: German, French, Italian, Romansh, Swiss German, as
well as English.

If you are interested in organizing a shared task, please get in touch with
Michel Plüss (sharedtasks at swisstext.org) as soon as possible, but no later
than February 7, 2021.