32.493, Calls: Applied Ling, Comp Ling, Phonetics, Phonology, Socioling/Denmark and Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 9 21:59:50 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-493. Tue Feb 09 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.493, Calls: Applied Ling, Comp Ling, Phonetics, Phonology, Socioling/Denmark and Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 16:59:36
From: Oliver Niebuhr [olni at sdu.dk]
Subject: 1st International Conference on Tone and Intonation

Full Title: 1st International Conference on Tone and Intonation
Short Title: TAI

Date: 06-Dec-2021 - 09-Dec-2021
Location: Sonderborg (Hybrid Event), Denmark
Contact Person: Oliver Niebuhr
Meeting Email: olni at sdu.dk
Web Site: https://my.eventbuizz.com/event/1st-international-conference-on-tone-and-intonation--tai--2021/detail

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 04-Jul-2021

Meeting Description:

1st International Conference on Tone and Intonation (TAI) 2021
''Tone and Intonation in a globalized, digital world''
6-9 December 2021, Sonderborg, Denmark

The 1st edition of the Tone-and-Intonation (TAI) conference series is proudly
hosted by the Centre for Industrial Electronics (CIE) at the University of
Southern Denmark. Being a merger of the two former conference series TAL
(Tonal Aspects of Languages) and TIE (Tone and Intonation in Europe), TAI 2021
welcomes contributions on phonetic and phonological analyses of prosody
including (but not limited to) topics related to the production and perception
of prosody and rhythm, the semantics and pragmatics of prosody, the
acquisition and teaching of prosody in L1 and L2, and cross-linguistic
comparisons of prosody.

In addition, in TAI 2021 two separate special sessions will be dedicated to
the challenges and opportunities that globalization and digitization hold for
the speech sciences. In this context, we also encourage researchers of
neighboring disciplines to submit papers related to tone and intonation to the
conference.

Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the organizing committee decided to
conduct the conference in the form of a HYBRID CONFERENCE combining a live in
person event with a virtual component.

Important dates in 2021:
01 May 2021: Online abstract submission opens
04 Jul 2021:  Abstract submission deadline
05 Sep 2021: Notification of abstract acceptance
03 Oct 2021: Early bird registration deadline
6-9 Dec 2021: 1st Tone-and-Intonation Conference, Sonderborg, Denmark
27 Feb *2022*: Deadline for the submission of a corrected abstract and an
optional 5-page full paper (4 pages of text plus 1 page for references only)

Call for Papers:

Submissions to the TAI conference are made in the form of 2-page abstracts, 1
page of text plus 1 page for references, tables and/or figures. Please
download the abstract template on our website.

The submission of full papers is not mandatory, but encouraged after the
conference (4 pages of text plus 1 page of references only, following the
current ISCA paper template (available on our website). We will publish
corrected abstracts and optional 5-page papers in the ISCA online archive of
the TAI conference series.

Papers submission is handled via the EasyChair platform. Please click here to
get to the paper submission website of TAI 2021 at EasyChair:
https://easychair.org/account/signin?l=AQJmW91STFIWRrCtQ1rlpd