32.673, Calls: Applied Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 23 22:35:56 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-673. Tue Feb 23 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.673, Calls: Applied Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 17:35:14
From: Michael Burri [mburri at uow.edu.au]
Subject: 2021 English Language Testing Society Virtual Conference

Full Title: 2021 English Language Testing Society Virtual Conference

Date: 15-Oct-2021 - 16-Oct-2021
Location: Online, USA
Contact Person: Eddy White
Meeting Email: ewhite3ua at gmail.com
Web Site: https://eltsociety.org/2021-virtual-conference/

Call Deadline: 31-May-2021

Meeting Description:

The English Language Testing Society is pleased to announce our inaugural
international conference and welcome all those interested to join us and
participate. See below for information about the conference and a link to
submitting a proposal. Registration will be available from April.

Assessment covers broad territory, from the language classroom to large-scale
testing centers. While there is common ground between proficiency testing and
classroom assessment, for example the critical importance of validity and
reliability, they also have their own distinctive features (e.g. formative
feedback and classroom assessment). This conference, as with our organization,
focuses on both of these types of assessment and the intersections,
commonalities, and differences between them. With a focus on promoting
assessment literacy and best practices, this conference welcomes presentation
proposals from a broad range of testing areas.

Call for Papers:

We welcome proposals (max 300 words) related to classroom assessment,
large-scale proficiency testing, or both. A full list of suggested topics is
available on our website. The conference is intended for individuals,
corporations, classroom teachers, program administrators and anybody engaged
in English language testing who are interested in best practices and
collaboration with colleagues from around the world.

Submission link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfV0bXNfDeDCxoDQchidgcnCULBrOygK1fNQU
Gx6OYCxatBDA/viewform