32.729, Calls: Ling Theories, Philos of Lang, Pragmatics, Semantics/Online or Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 26 22:09:21 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-729. Fri Feb 26 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.729, Calls: Ling Theories, Philos of Lang, Pragmatics, Semantics/Online or Germany

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 17:08:52
From: Daniel Gutzmann [mail at danielgutzmann.com]
Subject: Sinn und Bedeutung 26

Full Title: Sinn und Bedeutung 26
Short Title: SuB26

Date: 08-Sep-2021 - 10-Sep-2021
Location: Online / Cologne, Germany
Contact Person: Daniel Gutzmann
Meeting Email: sub26 at easychair.org
Web Site: https://idsl1.phil-fak.uni-koeln.de/abteilungen/sprachwissenschaft/sinn-und-bedeutung-26

Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories; Philosophy of Language; Pragmatics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2021

Meeting Description:

Sinn und Bedeutung 26 will be hosted by the Institute of German Language and
Literature I and the Cologne Center of Language Sciences at the University of
Cologne on 8-10 September 2021. Depending on the travel situation, Sinn und
Bedeutung 26 will take place in a hybrid format or purely online.

We are happy to announce the following invited speakers:
 - Teresa Espinal (UA Barcelona)
 - Michael Franke (Osnabrück)
 - Claudia Maienborn (Tübingen)
 - Floris Roelofsen (Amsterdam)

Daniel Gutzmann & Sophie Repp (Heads of the organizing team)

Call for Papers:

We invite abstract submissions for oral and/or poster presentations on topics
pertaining to natural language semantics, pragmatics, the syntax-semantics
interface, psycho- and neurolinguistics of meaning, and the philosophy of
language. Abstracts should contain original research that, at the time of
submission, has neither been published nor accepted for publication. One
person can submit at most one abstract as sole author and one abstract as
co-author (or two co-authored abstracts). Authors will be asked to specify at
the time of submission their preference for their abstract to be considered
for a talk (35+10 minutes) and/or a poster.

Abstracts should be anonymous and must not exceed two pages (letter size or A4
paper, 2.5cm or 1 inch margins on all sides, 12 point font), including
examples and references. Abstracts must be submitted electronically in PDF
format via EasyChair by Thursday, 15 APRIL 2021 (23:59 Central European
Standard Time).

EasyChair link: https://easychair.org/account/signin?l=rl1N1J6vKiIHCY7c6Dx4Ea