32.97, Calls: Anthro Ling, Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Psycholing, Socioling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 7 20:17:20 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-97. Thu Jan 07 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.97, Calls: Anthro Ling, Applied Ling, Gen Ling, Psycholing, Socioling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 15:16:54
From: Paul Toth [ptoth at temple.edu]
Subject: Language, Linguistics, and Life Conference

Full Title: Language, Linguistics, and Life Conference
Short Title: LLLC

Date: 23-Apr-2021 - 23-Apr-2021
Location: Online (host organization located in Philadelphia), USA
Contact Person: Sarah Rawls
Meeting Email: gsolt at temple.edu
Web Site: https://gsolt9.wixsite.com/gsoltconference2021

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Jan-2021

Meeting Description:

This annual conference is hosted by the student organization, Graduate
Students of Language at Temple (GSOLT). It is a student-run forum for graduate
and undergraduate students to present their research in a supportive
environment conducive to professional and scholarly development. Our theme
this year is Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Foreign/Second Language
Education.

Call for Papers:

2021 Theme: Teaching, Learning, and Assessment in Foreign/Second Language
Education

The Graduate Students of Language at Temple (GSOLT) invite you to submit a
proposal for our 7th annual Language, Linguistics, and Life Conference.  This
student-run conference is a forum for graduate and undergraduate students to
present their research in a supportive environment conducive to professional
and scholarly development.  We seek proposals for 20-minute oral paper
presentations from graduate students and posters from undergraduate students.
This year, we also invite proposals for 50-minute interactive workshops. We
welcome presentations in any language.

This year’s theme explores language use across social and technological
contexts. As an interdisciplinary organization, we will consider any
language-related topics, which may include, but are not limited to, the
following areas:
 - Analysis of Discourse and Interaction (DIS)
 - Multilingualism, Immersion, Heritage, and Minority Education (MIH)
 - Language Cognition and Brain Research (COG)
 - Language Planning and Policy (LPP)
 - Language and Ideology (LAI)
 - Reading, Writing, and Literacy (RWL)
 - Language Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (TLA)
 - Sociolinguistics (SOC)
 - Teacher Education, Beliefs, and Identities (TED)
 - Linguistics (Semantics, Syntax, Phonetics, Phonology, Pragmatics, etc. )
(LIG) ​
 - Language Teaching and Technology in the Time of COVID (LTTC)

Please submit a 250 to 300-word abstract by Sunday, January 31, 2021.
Abstracts should be written in English and include a connection to the
conference theme. On your form, please be sure to specify the strand(s) your
proposal best fits.
​
For conference related inquiries, contact the GSOLT Conference Committee at
gsolt at temple.edu, or through the message function at the bottom of this page.

Submit proposals here: https://easychair.org/cfp/7thLLLC