32.141, Calls: Comp Ling, Translation/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 8 20:40:38 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-141. Fri Jan 08 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.141, Calls: Comp Ling, Translation/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 15:39:55
From: Amin Mohamad [amohamad at hbku.edu.qa]
Subject: 11th International Translation Conference

Full Title: 11th International Translation Conference

Date: 24-Mar-2021 - 25-Mar-2021
Location: Doha (Online), Qatar
Contact Person: Mrs Charlene Domingo
Meeting Email: CDomingo at hbku.edu.qa
Web Site: http://tii.qa/11th

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 22-Jan-2021

Meeting Description:

Theme: COVID 19 and Current Changes in Translation and Interpreting Studies

Venue:
Translation and Interpreting Institute (TII)
College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS)
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU)
Doha, Qatar

The Translation and Interpreting Institute (TII) at Hamad Bin Khalifa
University’s (HBKU) College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) is now
accepting submissions for its 11th International Translation Conference.

This conference aims to explore how the pandemic has triggered a range of
upheavals, encompassing the international arena, the academic experience, and
the mobilization of national sentiments. These turning-points will be analyzed
within diverse cultural and historical contexts, not as moments of sudden
rupture, but as a series of short, medium and long-term changes and
transdisciplinary shifts.

Starting from 2021, TII will organize the International Translation Conference
as a biennial event to allow for more research time and wealthier
conversations. Its 11th version will be on March 24-25 and the format will be
a series of online presentations and two keynote speeches.

The conference will focus primarily but not solely on changes that have been
caused or accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic in the T&I landscape.
Presentations in both Arabic and English on the impact of the current pandemic
that fit, but are not limited to the following sub-themes, are accepted:
 - T&I and Social Media
 - T&I Pedagogical Trends and Traditions
 - T&I Professional Trends and Praxis
 - T&I and Safety Protocols in Healthcare
 - T&I in the Arab World after the Pandemic
 - T&I Digitized Work Places and Data Security
 - Audiovisual Translation and Beyond
 - T&I, Diversity and Accessibility
 - Changes in Teaching: On-Line delivery and Blended Learning in T&I
 - T&I, Cultural, Linguistic, and Social Consequences
 - Pandemic Pedagogy and Comparative Perspectives
 - Selflessness, Hospitality and Identity
 - Memory and Commemoration

Call for Papers:

Important Dates:
Deadline for submission of abstracts: January 22, 2021
Notification of acceptance: January 30, 2021
Conference Date: March 24-25, 2021

Instructions For Submission Of Abstracts:
Interested authors are invited to submit an abstract in MS Word,
(approximately 400 words in English in APA style and in Arabic). Presentations
should be 20 minutes, concluding with 10 minutes for a Q&A session.

Submissions must include the following information:
 - Name of Author(s)
 - Affiliation
 - E-mail Address of Corresponding Author

Selected papers will be eligible for publication in a themed issue of The
Journal of Internationalization and Localization (John Benjamins) that will be
dedicated to the 11th International Translation Conference. It will be the 10
(1) issue and will be out in 2023.

To submit your abstract, visit:
https://tiiforms.wufoo.com/forms/xikkak509s8j4t/

For more information, visit: http://tii.qa/11th