32.170, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 12 03:51:25 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-170. Mon Jan 11 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.170, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 22:50:46
From: Amanda Smith [tulcon2021 at gmail.com]
Subject: Toronto Undergraduate Linguistics Conference

Full Title: Toronto Undergraduate Linguistics Conference
Short Title: TULCon

Date: 06-Mar-2021 - 07-Mar-2021
Location: Toronto, ON (Online), Canada
Contact Person: Isaac Gould
Meeting Email: slugs.tulcon at gmail.com
Web Site: http://chass.utoronto.ca/~slugs

Call Deadline: 14-Feb-2021

Meeting Description:

The University of Toronto's Society of Linguistics Undergraduate Students
(SLUGS) is excited to announce its 14th annual Toronto Undergraduate
Linguistics Conference (TULCON), to be held on 6 - 7 March 2021! The
conference will be held online via Gather this year due to the current
circumstances.

TULCON is a conference run by undergrads highlighting undergrad research. It
is a fantastic opportunity for undergraduate linguists to meet their peers and
get valuable experience presenting their own work.

Call for Papers:

We are looking for any original research conducted by an undergraduate on a
topic related to linguistics. These can come from final papers from courses or
independent research or anywhere else!

Abstract Requirements:
One page, single space, 12pt Times New Roman (excludes citations). Please
submit as PDFs. Please do not include your name or affiliation on the
abstract. This is so reviews can remain anonymous.

Contact:
Please send all abstracts tulcon2021 at gmail.com and include “TULCON14 Abstract”
in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail, please also include the
following information:
1. Title of abstract
2. Area of linguistics addressed by the abstract (e.g., syntax, phonology,
psycholinguistics, etc.)
3. Name(s) and affiliation(s) of presenter(s)
4. E-mail address of each presenter

In previous years, we held both talks and a poster session, however due to the
limitations of the digital medium, we will be unable to hold our poster
session this year. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that it will be
possible again in the near future.

Accepted speakers for talks will have the opportunity to present for 20
minutes, followed by an additional five-minute question period.

As this year’s conference will be online, we welcome undergraduate students
from all around the world to submit to the conference and participate. Please
feel free to let us know in your email if you require any specific
accommodations so that we may prepare them in advance.