32.205, Calls: English; Applied Ling, Discipline of Ling, Disc Analysis, Lang Acq, Text/Corpus Ling/Malta and Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 13 23:25:25 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-205. Wed Jan 13 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.205, Calls: English; Applied Ling, Discipline of Ling, Disc Analysis, Lang Acq, Text/Corpus Ling/Malta and Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 18:24:45
From: Cem Can [lif2021 at languageinfocus.org]
Subject: LIF2021 - 7th International Language in Focus Conference

Full Title: LIF2021 - 7th International Language in Focus Conference
Short Title: LIF2021

Date: 06-May-2021 - 08-May-2021
Location: VALLETTA CAMPUS ST PAUL STREET VALLETTA. VLT 1216, MALTA, Malta
Contact Person: Cem Can
Meeting Email: lif2021 at languageinfocus.org
Web Site: http://www.languageinfocus.org

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discipline of Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Language Acquisition; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2021

Meeting Description:

After close consultation with authorities and communities around the world, we
had to make the difficult decision to postpone LIF2020 last year.  Having
spent the previous year preparing for the conference with our advisory boards,
speakers, exhibitors, and event partners, we were genuinely upset and
disappointed not to be able to host you at that time.  We want to thank all
our participants and partners for their support, open discussions, and
encouragement.

LIF2021 – 7th International Language in Focus Conference, the learning
adventure, will be organized in Valletta, Malta, May 6-8, 2021, in
collaboration with Cukurova University – Turkey, CITY College, University of
York Europe Campus and University of Malta.  LIF2021 to be held in Valletta,
Malta, will constitute an excellent opportunity to meet experts in various
areas of ELT and language studies.

To support the range of options and flexibility needed in our current climate,
we will offer a blended conference experience this year.  You do not need to
commit either to a place-based or virtual presentation at the time of
submission.  You can present both ways or change your mode of the presentation
if your preferences change. This way we build for our LIF Conference
participants flexible, and at the same time resilient, spaces for
communication, engagement, and participation. The choice to take part
virtually could also be a moral decision – for the planet, for security, or
when the financial burden of travel is too great. We aim to foster spaces that
align with principles of social justice and community development.  We also
want to be ready for the possibility of another force majeure due to COVID-19.
 If we are forced to postpone, the online engagement will still go ahead.

The Aims of LIF2021 Learning Adventure are:
-  Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of information
on good practices within English Language Teaching;
-  Strengthen and broaden the network of English language teachers and all
those involved in the ELT sector worldwide;
-  Increase the links between the ELT communities;
-  Showcase research in the fields of applied linguistics and language
education.

Call for Papers:

The organization of the LIF2021 Conference is in progress and the initial
selection of the presentation proposals has already started. Please remember
that the deadline for abstract submissions is February 15. Those who have not
submitted the proposal yet are kindly asked to send it by the deadline.
Abstracts of papers, panels, workshops, or posters in the range of 200-250
words should be submitted through our conference website:
www.languageinfocus.org

Notifications of acceptance will be sent as soon as the scientific committee
members complete the reviewing process.

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
 - David Marsh
 - Anne O’Keeffe, University of Limerick, Ireland
 - Jane Spiro, Oxford Brookes University, UK
 - David Singleton, Dublin Trinity College, Ireland
 - Ema Ushioda, University of Warwick, UK

CONFERENCE THEME:
LIF2021 aims at providing a forum for researchers, teachers and educational
representatives to share their knowledge and promote creativity and
innovation. LIF2021 topics include (but are not limited to):
 - ELT Methodology and Classroom Applications
 - Foreign Language Teacher Education
 - SLA / ELT Focused Theories
 - ICT in Language Teaching
 - Psychological and Psycholinguistic perspectives in SLA / ELT
 - Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL and CLILiG)
 - Bilingualism / Multilingualism
 - Sociolinguistics
 - Corpus Linguistics and Learner Corpora
 - Syntax, Morphology, and Semantics
 - Lexical Processing
 - Phonetics and Phonology
 - Discourse Analysis
 - Translation and Interpreting
 - Language Policies

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION AND REGISTRATION:
Abstracts of papers, workshops, or posters in the range of 200-250 words
together with the registration form should be submitted via the conference
website using the Abstract Submission form by February 15, 2021. Each
participant will have the opportunity to present up to 2 papers.

FURTHER INFORMATION:
Website: www.languageinfocus.org
E-mail: lif2021 at languageinfocus.org

We look forward to meeting you all at LIF2021 in Valletta.