32.285, Calls: Applied Ling, Disc Analysis, Pragmatics, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Hungary or Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 21 19:15:12 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-285. Thu Jan 21 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.285, Calls: Applied Ling, Disc Analysis, Pragmatics, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Hungary or Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:14:32
From: Peter Furko [furko.peter at gmail.com]
Subject: DiscourseNet 4th Congress

Full Title: DiscourseNet 4th Congress
Short Title: DNC4

Date: 20-Oct-2021 - 22-Oct-2021
Location: Budapest (on-site) or virtual participation, Hungary
Contact Person: Dóra Tóth
Meeting Email: toth.dora at kre.hu
Web Site: https://discourseanalysis.net/DN/DNC4

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 21-Feb-2021

Meeting Description:

The primary aim of the congress is to explore ways in which the theory and
practice of Discourse Studies can bring about social change. A secondary aim
and proposed practical outcome of the congress is to develop an active network
(a possible sub-network / working group of DiscourseNet) comprising individual
researchers, representatives of academic and other research producing
organizations, publishing organisations, and cultural practitioners interested
in coordinating and streamlining their activity towards effecting social
change for disenfranchised individuals and groups.

Conference theme: The Impact of Discourse Studies on the Contemporary World -
Making a Difference Inside and Outside the Academia

Conference format:
To support the range of options and flexibility needed in our current climate,
we will offer a blended conference experience at the DN4 Congress.  At the
time of submission participants do not need to commit either to a place-based
or virtual presentation.  Participants can present their papers either on-site
or in the form of pre-recorded video files and will be able to change their
mode of the presentation if their preferences change. This way we build for
our DN4 participants flexible, and at the same time resilient, spaces for
communication, engagement, and participation.

Call for Papers:

Abstracts of no more than 200 words should be submitted in English by February
21, 2021. The submission Web page for DNC4 is
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dnc4.

Notifications of acceptance are expected to be communicated by February 29,
2021. If accepted, applicants will have to pay the DiscourseNet Association
membership fee of EUR30 (https://discourseanalysis.net/DN) before registering
for the DNC4 congress to confirm their participation.

At the time of submission participants do not need to commit either to a
place-based or virtual presentation.  As a result, we have decided to offer
registration fees that are the same for on-site and off-site
presenters/participants, that is a registration fee of EUR 60 will apply in
either case (in addition to the DN Association’s membership fee) and a reduced
registration fee of EUR 40 for enrolled students without access to
institutional funding. The congress registration fee will include access to
all talks and panels, and in case of on-site participation will also include
catering and a conference package . There is a limited number of places.
Registration will be closed when full.

After the conference, a book proposal for a thematic volume (or possibly two)
based on selected conference papers will be submitted to Palgrave Macmillan
for the “Postdisciplinary Studies in Discourse” series.