32.335, Calls: Hist Ling, Ling Theories, Pragmatics, Semantics/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 27 17:34:17 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-335. Wed Jan 27 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.335, Calls: Hist Ling, Ling Theories, Pragmatics, Semantics/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 12:33:48
From: Lukasz Jedrzejowski [l.jedrzejowski at uni-koeln.de]
Subject: Formal Diachronic Semantics 6

Full Title: Formal Diachronic Semantics 6
Short Title: FoDS 6

Date: 06-Sep-2021 - 07-Sep-2021
Location: Cologne (Online), Germany
Contact Person: Lukasz Jedrzejowski
Meeting Email: fods-6 at uni-koeln.de
Web Site: http://www.lukasz-jedrzejowski.eu/formal-diachronic-semantics-6/

Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics; Linguistic Theories; Pragmatics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 15-May-2021

Meeting Description:

Formal Diachronic Semantics (FoDS) is a venue dedicated to work in semantic
change carried out within the paradigm of formal semantics/pragmatics. The 6th
FoDS will be hosted by the Institute for German Language and Literature I –
Linguistics at the University of Cologne, on September 6-7 2021.

The conference will be held virtually only.

Call for Papers:

We invite submission of abstracts for 40-minute oral presentations (with an
additional 20 minutes for questions) or poster presentations on topics that
address semantic change from within the paradigm of formal
semantics/pragmatics. These may include case studies, studies of trends,
corpus results, as well as formal theories of meaning change in specific
domains. We also welcome research at the interfaces with syntax and other
areas, as long as the research makes a contribution to the area of formal
diachronic semantics/pragmatics. We welcome papers that address methodological
questions in the field.

Poster presenters will present lightning talks and then present their poster
virtually via Zoom. Abstracts should be submitted in PDF format through
EasyChair, with all non-standard fonts embedded. Abstracts should not exceed 2
pages, which includes the data. An additional third page may be used for
references. Abstracts must be submitted in letter or A4 format with 1 inch or
2.5 cm margins on all sides, single-spaced, and in a font no smaller than
11pt. Abstracts should be anonymous. Please make sure that PDF files do not
have any identifying metadata. Submissions are limited to one individual and
one joint abstract per author (or two joint abstracts per author).

Each abstract will be reviewed by three individual reviewers from the
Scientific Board.

Please submit abstracts via EasyChair no later than May 15, 2021.

EasyChair submission link: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=fods6

Notifications will be sent out in the first week of July 2021.