32.364, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 29 18:56:37 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-364. Fri Jan 29 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.364, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 13:56:05
From: Associação Brasileira de Linguística [abralin at abralin.org]
Subject: Abralin International Congress

Full Title: Abralin International Congress
Short Title: InterAb

Date: 22-Sep-2021 - 30-Sep-2021
Location: Online, Brazil
Contact Person: Associação Brasileira de Linguística
Meeting Email: abralin at abralin.org
Web Site: https://interab12.abralin.org/

Call Deadline: 20-Jun-2021

Meeting Description:

The pandemic had consequences for everyday life, establishing a new normal. In
times of social distance, Abralin brought linguists from around the world
together with the series Abralin ao Vivo (https://aovivo.abralin.org). Now we
are announcing the first call of our flagship event: Abralin International
Congress, Interab, that will be completely online.

Abralin has been a pioneer in joining the Open Science movement, with open
access to its publications, as well as the open evaluation process in its
journals, both in the Revista da Abralin and in Cadernos de Linguística, which
encourage the sharing of data sets in open repositories, as well as the
pre-registration of projects. But joining the movement leads us to reflect on
the consequences of these actions in our practices: ethical and copyright
issues, challenges to replicability in the area, originality, and innovation,
as well as costs (publication, availability of access and data, financing
research). The problems faced in the area of Linguistics extend to other areas
of the humanities, and are not limited to Brazilian researchers: by proposing
to discuss the “Challenges of Linguistics in Open Science”, Abralin puts
Brazilian Linguistics at the forefront and in a leading position in the
science.

More information: https://interab12.abralin.org

Call for Papers:

With the theme “Linguistics Challenges in Open Science”, we invite the
community to submit proposals for the construction of the event’s program:
https://interab12.abralin.org/. You can propose the following activities:
panels, oral presentations and e-poster presentations.

Full paper for oral presentation:
The paper must be formatted strictly according to this template:
http://abralin.org/docs/templates/template-interab-en.docx. All formatting
information is included in the template. Papers are accepted in any language,
and can be submitted online, though this form:
https://abralin.typeform.com/to/ac80sUzs.

Important dates:
May 20: Deadline for submitting proposals for panels
June 20: Deadline for submission of full papers (oral presentation)
July 18: Deadline for submission of digital poster
July 18: Results of the pre-selected full papers
July 20: Deadline for submission to Cadernos de Linguística
September 1: Publication of the complete program
September 22-30: Event