32.2292, Calls: Comp Ling, Morphology, Semantics, Syntax, Text/Corpus Ling/Bulgaria

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 6 22:01:41 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2292. Tue Jul 06 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2292, Calls: Comp Ling, Morphology, Semantics, Syntax, Text/Corpus Ling/Bulgaria

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 18:00:37
From: Kilian Evang [evang at hhu.de]
Subject: 20th International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories

Full Title: 20th International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories
Short Title: TLT 2021

Date: 21-Mar-2022 - 25-Mar-2022
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact Person: Kilian Evang
Meeting Email: tltws2021 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://tlt2021.phil.hhu.de

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 27-Sep-2021

Meeting Description:

The 20th International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories (TLT)
will bring together developers and users of linguistically annotated natural
language corpora and take place during the week of March 21 - 25, 2022 in
Sofia, Bulgaria. The workshop will be part of SyntaxFest21 with the modality
of the event to be determined in September, with proceedings published
preemptively in December 2021.

Call for Papers:

TLT addresses all aspects of treebank design, development, and use. As
“treebanks” we consider any pairing of natural language data (spoken, signed,
or written) with annotations of linguistic structure at various levels of
analysis, including e.g., morpho-phonology, syntax, semantics, and discourse.
Annotations can take any form (including trees or general graphs), but they
should be encoded in a way that enables computational processing. Types of
papers we anticipate include reflections on the design of linguistic
annotations, methodology studies, resource announcements or updates,
annotation or conversion tool development, and reports on treebank usage.

Papers should describe original work; they should emphasize completed work
rather than intended work, and should indicate clearly the state of completion
of the reported results. Submissions will be judged on correctness,
originality, technical strength, significance and relevance to the conference,
and interest to the attendees.

We invite paper submissions in two distinct tracks:

 - regular papers on substantial, original, and unpublished research,
including empirical evaluation results, where appropriate;
 - short papers on smaller, focused contributions, work in progress, negative
results, surveys, or opinion pieces.

All papers accepted for presentation at the workshop will be included in the
TLT 2021 proceedings volume, which will be part of the ACL Anthology.

Long papers may consist of up to 10 pages of content (excluding references).
Short papers and demo papers may consist of up to 6 pages of content
(excluding references).

All submissions should follow the one-column format and the style guidelines.
We strongly recommend the use of the LaTeX style files, OpenDocument, or
Microsoft Word templates created for COLING2020
(https://coling2020.org/coling2020.zip).

Submissions will be reviewed double-blind. All regular and short papers must
be anonymous, i.e. not reveal author(s) on the title page or through
self-references. So e.g., “We previously showed (Smith, 2020) …”, should be
avoided. Instead, use citations such as “Smith (2020) previously showed …”.
Demonstration papers need not be anonymous. Papers must be submitted
digitally, in PDF, and uploaded through the on-line conference system (TBD).

Submissions that violate either of these requirements will be returned without
review.

Important dates:
 - Announcement of conference modality: September 6, 2021
 - Long and short paper submission deadlines: September 27, 2021
 - Notification of acceptance: November 10, 2021
 - Final version of papers due: November 30, 2021
 - Proceedings Published: December 2021

Organizers:
 - Daniel Dakota, Indiana University
 - Kilian Evang, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
 - Sandra Kübler, Indiana University