32.2334, Calls: Applied Ling, Socioling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 9 22:06:53 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2334. Fri Jul 09 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2334, Calls: Applied Ling, Socioling/Online

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 18:06:24
From: Melani Schroeter [m.schroeter at reading.ac.uk]
Subject: Forum for Germanic Language Studies

Full Title: Forum for Germanic Language Studies
Short Title: FGLS #15

Date: 06-Jan-2022 - 07-Jan-2022
Location: Online, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Melani Schroeter
Meeting Email: m.schroeter at reading.ac.uk
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/fgls1994/events/call-for-papers

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Oct-2021

Meeting Description:

15th Bi-annual conference of the Forum for Germanic Language Studies

Due to the past and currently ongoing uncertainties regarding Covid-19
restrictions and international travel, the 15th Forum for Germanic Language
Studies conference, hosted by the University of Reading, will be held online.
We will be mindful of different time zones when allocating speaker slots in
the programme planning. More detail about the format will be communicated soon
after the deadline for abstract submission.

Invited Speaker:
We are pleased that Prof Joachim Scharloth, Waseda University, Tokyo, has
accepted our invitation to be the keynote speaker at FGLS 2022.

Call for Papers:

We invite submission of abstracts for papers on any linguistic aspects of (or
metalinguistic perspectives on) any Germanic language or variety, including
English (to the Early Modern period) and the extraterritorial varieties.
Papers from any area of linguistics ranging from formal linguistics to
sociolinguistics are welcome. Talks should be 20 minutes long to allow time
for discussion. Conference languages are English and German. Abstracts should
be no longer than 300 words in length and will be peer-reviewed by the
conference programme organisers. Abstracts should be submitted by 15 October
2021 via email to m.schroeter at reading.ac.uk.