32.2398, FYI: ELDP Call for Applications

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 16 03:30:18 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2398. Thu Jul 15 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2398, FYI: ELDP Call for Applications

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 23:29:22
From: Mandana Seyfeddinipur [eldp at eldp.net]
Subject: ELDP Call for Applications

Call for Applications
Endangered Languages Documentation Programme
Grant Round 2022 now open

The Endangered Languages Documentation Programme provides grants for the
documentation of endangered languages. We provide four types of grants for
documentation projects and one for the digitisation of analogue legacy
collections. Please visit our project pages and the pages of the Endangered
Languages Archive for the types of projects we have funded.

The application must be submitted online. Please access the online application
system here: https://www.eldp.net/application/index.php

Important updates for applicants

COVID: In light of the ongoing global pandemic, you need to ensure that you
have provided an account of the viability of your project and have planned
safeguarding measures. ELDP will not support projects that put communities or
grantees at risk.

Currency: ELDP has moved to Berlin (Germany) and we are now operating in Euros
for any projects awarded from the 2022 grant round onwards.
Grant Amounts: Our maximum grant amounts have changed for the Major
Documentation Projects and the Individual Postdoctoral Fellowships.

Download the 2022 Information Packs
(https://www.eldp.net/en/our+grants/documentation+grants/) and carefully read
the guidance notes.

Important Dates for Grant Round 2022

The ELDP grant round has opened on 15 July 2021.
Applications must be submitted online by 15 October 2021, 5 pm CEST.
References must be submitted online by 31 October 2021.
Completed application forms should be signed, scanned, and emailed to
eldp at eldp.net by 15 November 2021.
Notification of results will be by 15 April 2022.

Note to previous grantees and current grant holders:

If you and/or your project participants currently hold a grant with us or have
held a grant with us before, you need to ensure that the documentation
materials from your and/or your project participants' grants have been
deposited at ELAR.

The quality of your deposit and your track record with ELAR and ELDP will form
part of the evaluation of your current application. ELDP will not make a
formal offer until other projects supported by us have been completed with a
deposited collection which is evaluated satisfactorily by the panel. Contact
us (eldp at eldp.net) about the status of your and/or your project participants’
deposit(s) of the previous or current grant, or if you have any further
questions regarding this regulation.

Please get in touch with us at eldp at eldp.net if you have any questions or want
to discuss any particular issues.

We will be setting up online drop-in sessions, please monitor our ELDP website
and ELAR's social media channels.

Best,
Mandana

Endangered Languages Documentation Programme (ELDP)
Berlin Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Jägerstraße 22-23
10117 Berlin
Germany

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation