32.2450, FYI: Announcing Cambridge Elements in Psycholinguistics

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 22 10:15:28 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2450. Thu Jul 22 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2450, FYI: Announcing Cambridge Elements in Psycholinguistics

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 06:14:33
From: Paul Warren [paul.warren at vuw.ac.nz]

I am happy to let you know that Cambridge University Press has launched a new
series: Cambridge Elements in Psycholinguistics. They have appointed me as
general editor, and I am joined by an editorial board with wide geographic and
thematic representation.  As well as drawing this new venture to your
attention, I'd like to invite you to consider participating by contributing
your own work and writing an Element for this series.

The series is part of a new concept in publishing that has been developed by
CUP over the last few years. Elements series occupy an important and fresh
position between journal articles and monographs in terms of size, combining
the best of traditional quality-controlled hardcopy publishing and modern
online publishing with multimedia options. Elements are available in a range
of disciplinary areas in the sciences, humanities, social sciences, and
technology (see https://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/elements ).
Elements in Psycholinguistics will appear in the Language and Linguistics
series.

Elements are authoritative scholarly texts, written by leading scholars and
rigorously peer-reviewed. They are intermediate in length (up to 30,000 words)
and will be available online-first, with a relatively cheap print-on-demand
option. This format promises a rapid publication turnround, supported by a
globally leading academic publisher with their marketing experience and
outlets.

Information about the Elements in Psycholinguistics series is available on the
CUP website at
https://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/elements/psycholinguistics.
The list of topics presented there is not intended to be exhaustive.  Please
have a look at the list, contemplating whether any of these might be something
you could write on, and consider your own research work as to its suitability
for this series.

If you are considering writing an Element for the series, I would be happy to
discuss this with you informally at any time. However, for a formal initiation
of the contribution process, I need to receive a short outline of your
manuscript (of 2-3 pages length) which I will discuss with the editorial board
to assess its suitability for the series. Full manuscript submissions will
have to pass through the ScholarOne gateway, and will undergo peer review
within (normally) six weeks. Once the final version of the manuscript has been
accepted, the turnround until publication (online and print-on-demand) will be
only twelve weeks. Authors retain copyright of their work. There is
information for authors on this page:
https://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/elements/cambridge-elements-inf
ormation-for-authors .

If there are any further questions or if you wish to propose a project for the
series please get in touch with me. I look forward to hearing from prospective
contributors.

With best wishes
Paul Warren
Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
paul.warren at vuw.ac.nz

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics