32.2492, Qs: Word-learning Experiment: Volunteer Participants Needed

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 27 08:23:37 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2492. Tue Jul 27 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2492, Qs: Word-learning Experiment: Volunteer Participants Needed

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 04:21:35
From: Kerry McCullough [kmccullough at email.arizona.edu]

Hello! My name is Kerry McCullough and I am recruiting participants for my
linguistics dissertation research. The study I’ve designed is a word-learning
experiment facilitated entirely online; it takes about an hour to complete.
The information for the study is provided below:

Title: New words, familiar concepts
FindingFive link:
https://www.findingfive.com/study/details/60ee0c780e133b723a126092?t=lab
Study Code: LING

this experiment, you will see picture drawings presented on the screen and
hear the word for the depicted item. You will then be asked to determine the
correct word for each picture given multiple options and be prompted to
provide the names for new items that follow the same language pattern. The
experiment ends with a brief demographic survey.

Equipment:
Computer with stable internet access
Internet browser other than Google Chrome
Microphone
A FindingFive account (https://www.findingfive.com/)
Study code: LING

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kerry McCullough
(kmccullough at email.arizona.edu).

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition