32.2143, Calls: Gen Ling/India

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jun 23 00:51:56 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-2143. Tue Jun 22 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.2143, Calls: Gen Ling/India

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 20:51:07
From: Ratul Ghosh [ratulg.sll.rs at jadavpuruniversity.in]
Subject: International Conference cum Workshop on Rhythm of Happiness

Full Title: International Conference cum Workshop on Rhythm of Happiness
Short Title: ICRH (Rhythm 2021)

Date: 10-Dec-2021 - 12-Dec-2021
Location: IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
Contact Person: Ratul Ghosh
Meeting Email: ratulg.sll.rs at jadavpuruniversity.in
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/rhythm2021/

Subject Language(s): Bengali (ben)
                     English (eng)

Call Deadline: 31-Jul-2021

Meeting Description:

***PLEASE NOTE the new conference dates! The conference was originally
scheduled for 18-20 November, 2021, but has been postponed until 10-12
December, 2021. All other dates remain unchanged.****

ছন্দ (Chhanda) or Rhythm as an International Conference cum Workshop was
envisaged last year by the School of Languages and Linguistics jointly with
Sir C.V. Raman Centre for Physics and Music, Jadavpur University as a quest
for the underlying rhythm that spans the massive Universe to the tiniest DNA.
The International Conference cum Workshop on Rhythm in Speech and Music from
Neuro-cognitive perspectives (ICRSM 2020) in its debut endeavor held at
Jadavpur University in January 2020, saw participation of eminent scientists,
scholars, researchers and luminaries from across the globe. A special issue of
the Jadavpur Journal of Languages and Linguistics has already been published
as part of indexing about 60 contributory papers we had received during the
Conference.

This year, the proposed theme of the Conference is “The Rhythm of Happiness -
a Multidisciplinary Exploration”. Rhythm is a part of our very existence. We
find it in the cycle of our life, seasons, years and days. It is a part of our
waking life and our sleep. Our very bodies are rhythmic in the primordial
rhythm of the heartbeat. Rhythm has various synonyms – flow, cycle,
periodicity, throbbing, self-similarity, repetition, harmony – and pervades
every walk of our lives. Interestingly, rhythm and happiness are intrinsically
linked. Rhythm and flow allow us immersion in our work and happiness.
Happiness is also manifest in the rhythm of dance and music. Rhythm, in terms
of harmony of colors, forms, work and leisure have the ability to induce
happiness. Standing antithetical to chaos, lack of order, disorganization,
disruption, distortion and disharmony, rhythm stands as antithetical to all
that is negative. Thus, both as a cause and effect of happiness, it stands on
two sides, paranthyzing happiness.

How does rhythm contribute to happiness? How does happiness lead to rhythm? A
search for the answer would lead one to multiple disciplines – bio-rhythms,
neuro-rhythms, cosmic rhythms, ecological rhythms, socio-cultural rhythms,
rhythms in music, art and culture, and rhythms in our everyday life. In each
of these areas rhythms contribute significantly, they also inter-play and
impact our state of happiness and wellbeing in interrelated ways. This
conference proposes to explore these two fundamental questions in each of the
areas cited above, as well as in ways that many of them are interrelated.

The core concept of rhythm irradiates and touches many disciplines, transcends
many disciplines. Thus, the various diverse understandings of rhythm and its
synonyms can be viewed as diverse manifestations of a fundamental unitary
principle. This conference attempts to delve into this fundamental proposition
and explore it further.

Second Call for Papers:

We invite submissions of original, unpublished work from those who wish to
present their work in any area relevant to the theme of the conference.
Submissions will be reviewed by several experts in the field, and accepted
papers will be presented orally or as posters. Submissions must be made
through Easy Chair:
https://easychair.org/account/signin?l=0Ljgt8aWBd5IiWF6HArRSN

Papers are invited on, but not limited to, the following sub-themes:
Theme 1: Influence of Rhythm on Happiness and Wellbeing: Cognitive and
Bio-Sciences Perspectives
Theme 2: The Rhythms of Happiness in Music, Visual Arts and Dance
Theme 3: Rhythms in Everyday Life and Culture & their contribution to
Happiness and Wellbeing
Theme 4: Rhythm and Positive Psychology
Theme 5: Rhythm in Sound & Vibration: Wellbeing from Philosophical and
Scientific Perspectives
Theme 6: Rhythm of Positive Communication: Language and Speech, Poetry
Theme 7: Ecological Rhythm, Environment and Wellbeing
Theme 8: Interdisciplinary exploration of rhythm and happiness

Abstract Submission guidelines:

Extended Abstracts of 750-1000 words (excluding references and data) in A4 PDF
format(Word/LaTex/OverLeaf), and no less than 12 Pt. are to be uploaded by 31
July, 2021 using the EasyChair system. Abstracts should be completely
anonymous for consideration. Submissions may be singly or jointly authored. No
one can submit more than one singly or one jointly authored paper. All
presenters must get themselves registered. At least one of the authors must
register for the symposium. The paper(s) received without the registration fee
will not be included in the conference programme/journal publication.

Please send your queries, if any, to 2021.rhythm at gmail.com or call 6291458725
/ 9051908652.

Important Dates:
Abstract submission deadline : 31 July, 2021 (Saturday)
Notification of acceptance : 15 August, 2021 (Sunday)
Early Bird Registration: 31 August, 2021 (Tuesday)
Submission of Full Paper: 30 September, 2021 (Thursday)
NEW Conference Dates: 10-12 December 2021

Publication:
The completed manuscripts after peer review will be considered for Publication
in a Scopus Indexed Conference Proceedings Series