32.784, Calls: Applied Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 4 00:41:25 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-784. Wed Mar 03 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.784, Calls: Applied Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 19:40:46
From: Klaus P. Schneider [bael at uni-bonn.de]
Subject: Tenth Bonn Applied English Linguistics Conference

Full Title: Tenth Bonn Applied English Linguistics Conference
Short Title: BAELc10

Date: 10-Jun-2021 - 12-Jun-2021
Location: Bonn (Online), Germany
Contact Person: Prof. Klaus P. Schneider
Meeting Email: bael at uni-bonn.de
Web Site: https://www.applied-linguistics.uni-bonn.de

Call Deadline: 22-Mar-2021

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce that the 10th iteration of our BAEL conference will
take place as a virtual conference in June 2021. This extended version of our
yearly conference will cover research from all areas and strands of Applied
Linguistics, with three prominent keynote speakers representing different
aspects of the field. Papers from all areas of applied linguistics are
welcome, with a strong preference for papers with an empirical approach. The
conference is open to all who are interested, but aimed specifically at PhD
students and post-docs.

The keynote speakers for this year's conference will be Professor Dr. Dr. H.C.
Juliane House (University of Hamburg), Professor J. César Félix-Brasdefer
(Indiana University Bloomington) and Professor Klaus P. Schneider (University
of Bonn).

Second Call for Papers:

Please send your proposals to bael at uni-bonn.de by 22 March 2021. Abstracts
should be approximately 300 words long and show a clear research objective.
Please also include a short bio-note of maximally 100 words in your email.
Speakers will likely have 20 minutes for their online presentation, followed
by a brief Q&A session. The conference will be conducted entirely in English.
We will inform you whether you have been accepted for the BAELc10 via e-mail
by 31 March 2021.

Additional information concerning the conference can be found on our website:
https://www.applied-linguistics.uni-bonn.de/en/news-and-events/bael-conference

If you have any questions, please email bael at uni-bonn.de.