32.866, Jobs: Tagalog; Applied Linguistics: Consultant, Transparent Language

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 9 16:30:29 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-866. Tue Mar 09 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.866, Jobs: Tagalog; Applied Linguistics: Consultant, Transparent Language

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 11:29:43
From: Christie Sosa [csosa at transparent.com]

University or Organization: Transparent Language
Web Address: https://www.transparent.com/
Job Title: Tagalog Language Experts
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Tagalog (tgl)

At Transparent Language, we treat language learning as more than just a casual
pursuit.  For our customers, success is not optional. Students must reach a
specified level of proficiency in a set amount of time. We make this exciting
challenge our mission: enable faster training of language with more reliable
outcomes.  A key part of this mission is the development of curriculum that
meets the requirements of professional language training programs.

Transparent Language is currently seeking to add full-time and part-time
Target Language Experts in Tagalog to our Curriculum Development Team to
support a new project with one of our U.S. Government customers. If you are
looking for a challenge and to participate in a potentially career building
project, Transparent Language would like to hear from you.

Synopsis:
Transparent Language has recently established a curriculum development team
and is looking to fill key positions for language experts in Tagalog to
fulfill a curriculum project for one of our U.S. government customers. As a
Target Language Expert, you will provide support for overall planning of
target language curriculum development, collaborate with other team members
and provide support for creation of project-relevant content, and serve as an
in-house expert on your language for a fast-paced, intensive development
effort.

As a member of this team you will help define and produce high-quality,
foreign language-learning curricula/materials of moderate-to-high complexity,
with a low-to-moderate degree of supervision, assistance, and mentoring. You
will use your target language and culture expertise to develop content for a
larger target language curriculum package. In addition you will be an active
participant in the review process, receiving and providing feedback as
necessary to ensures work produced meets guidelines provided by the management
team.

Required Experience:
- B.A. (or higher) from a university in a target language country
- Native knowledge of the target language (ILR 3+ or ACTFL Superior/able to
pass proficiency test)
- Full professional proficiency in English (3 on the ILR scale or ACTFL
Superior)
- Understanding of contemporary cultural and linguistic practices of the
target language country
- Maintains currency in target language and culture
- Experience developing target language curriculum (USG/military experience
preferred)
- Experience teaching the target language (USG/military experience preferred)
(preferred)
- Experience with and understanding of the ILR scale
- Understanding of a task-based curriculum
- Exceptional understanding of grammar structure of the target language (and
English)
- Ability to work remotely with a fully remote team
- Advanced PC skills and proficiency with MS Office products
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing and editing skills

Required Education:
- B.A. (or higher) from a university in a target language country

Other:
- Remote/Work at Home
- Full-time and Part-time options
- Compensation commensurate with experience

To apply, please visit the application link provided below.

Web Address for Applications: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TRANSPARENT&cws=1&rid=132
Contact Information:
	Christie Sosa
	Email: csosa at transparent.com