32.891, Confs: Applied Ling, Discip of Ling, Disc Analys, Ling & Lit, Text/Corpus Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 11 18:44:38 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-891. Thu Mar 11 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.891, Confs: Applied Ling, Discip of Ling, Disc Analys, Ling & Lit, Text/Corpus Ling/Online

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 13:43:47
From: Jessica Hampton [ice5 at ecoling.net]
Subject: ICE-5 Ecolinguistics in Action: Real-World Issues

ICE-5 Ecolinguistics in Action: Real-World Issues

Date: 12-Apr-2021 - 14-Apr-2021
Location: Liverpool but held Online, United Kingdom
Contact: Jessica Hampton
Contact Email: ice5 at ecoling.net
Meeting URL: https://ice5.org

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discipline of Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Ling & Literature; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Meeting Description:

This year's theme is 'Ecolinguistics in Action: Real-World Issues'. It aims to
show how linguistics can be used to address key ecological issues, from
climate change and biodiversity loss to environmental justice. Ecolinguistics
explores the role of language in the life-sustaining interactions of humans,
other species and the physical environment.

ICE-5 will place a particular emphasis on practically resisting the hegemonic
narratives of industrial civilisations and working towards concrete changes
which can help more ecologically beneficial forms of society emerge.

The conference will host a range of live online presentations by major
scholars in the field of Ecolinguistics and beyond, Q&A sessions with
presenters and publishers, hands-on workshops, roundtable discussions and
evening events with Small Steps Events Liverpool.

Visit our Website to find out more: ice5.org

Program Information:

The program will be made available on our website:
https://ice5.org/detailed-schedule/
Registration is available here: https://ice5.org/registration/