32.995, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 18 16:35:04 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-995. Thu Mar 18 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.995, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 12:34:27
From: Marjolein Talsma [tabudag at rug.nl]
Subject: TABU Dag 2021

Full Title: TABU Dag 2021

Date: 10-Jun-2021 - 11-Jun-2021
Location: Online, Netherlands
Contact Person: Marjolein Talsma
Meeting Email: tabudag at rug.nl
Web Site: http://www.tabudag.nl

Call Deadline: 19-Mar-2021

Meeting Description:

TABU Dag is an international linguistics conference organised by the
University of Groningen, the Netherlands. Due to continued COVID-19
restrictions, the 2021 edition of the conference will be held in an online
format.

We are currently working on a setup to bring the liveliness and informal
interaction of offline TABU Dag conferences to the virtual world. More
information about this will follow soon!

TABU Dag originated from the University's linguistic journal TABU
(taalbulletin, 'language bulletin'), and over the last 40 years the event has
developed into a well-established conference with a varied programme and guest
speakers from different fields.

The conference offers an excellent opportunity to meet fellow researchers and
discuss current topics in all fields of linguistics, including but not limited
to neurolinguistics, computational linguistics, language acquisition research,
semantics, sociolinguistics, pragmatics, discourse analysis, and text
analysis. Graduate students and postdoctoral researchers are particularly
encouraged to present their work at TABU Dag.

We are very pleased to announce that the keynote speakers of this year's
edition are:
 - Aurélie Herbelot (University of Trento)
 - Hedwig te Molder (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Wageningen University)
 - Benjamin Munson (University of Minnesota)
 - Greg Poarch (University of Groningen)

Final Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for poster presentations (in English) in any field of
linguistics including, but not limited to: syntax and semantics, phonetics and
phonology, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, developmental linguistics,
language acquisition, speech production, discourse and communication,
computational linguistics, and neurolinguistics. Abstracts should be no longer
than 300 words excluding title, keywords, and references. Abstracts should be
submitted on EasyChair via the link below.

We are working to make this virtual edition as interactive as possible. Thanks
to our sponsors, we are happy to anticipate that there will not be a
registration fee.

Important dates and information:
-The deadline for abstract submission is March 19, 2021.
-Notification of acceptance will be sent on April 9, 2021.
-The official language of the conference is English.
-Abstracts should be submitted on EasyChair:
https://easychair.org/account/signin?l=yTSJsUngu8W0kSoVQHSIla
-For further information, please visit the TABU Dag website: www.tabudag.nl
-Conference location: online through Gather Town and Blackboard Collaborate
-Contact: tabudag at rug.nl

Submission guidelines:
-Make sure your abstract is not longer than 300 words (excluding any