32.1037, FYI: Special Issue on Greek Morphosyntax - 'Languages'

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 22 05:12:06 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-1037. Mon Mar 22 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.1037, FYI: Special Issue on Greek Morphosyntax - 'Languages'

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 01:11:41
From: Athina Sioupi [sioupi at del.auth.gr]

We are planning to edit a special issue (SI) of  the journal “Languages” on
Greek morphosyntax under the (working) title: ‘New glances at the morphosyntax
of Greek’.

We invite you to contribute to our SI with submissions on any topic of Greek
(Standard or varieties of it) which is subject to either a morphological, a
syntactic or a morphosyntactic analysis. Although the theoretical perspective
will be the central one of the volume, experimental, as well as contributions
on second language morphosyntax, agrammatic morphosyntactic aphasia, or
diachronic and comparative perspectives will also be very welcome. Papers must
reflect original work, and crucially present novel facts and propose an
analysis for them which will complement or revise older analyses.

Submissions should be anonymous and follow the guidelines for authors. Full
manuscripts will undergo double-blind peer-review.

We request that, prior to submitting a manuscript, interested authors
initially submit a proposed title and an abstract of 400-600 words summarizing
their intended contribution. The proposal should be submitted via email to the
guest editors (staurou at lit.auth.gr) or to 'Languages' editorial office
(languages at mdpi.com). Abstracts will be reviewed by the guest editors for the
purposes of ensuring proper fit within the scope of the special issue. Upon
acceptance of a paper proposal, guidelines for preparing final papers will be
provided.

Tentative completion schedule:
Abstract submission deadline: April 15, 2021
Notification of abstract acceptance: May 15, 2021
Full manuscript deadline: December 31, 2021

Please visit our website
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/languages/special_issues/New_Glances_at_the_Morph
osyntax_of_Greek
for general and specific information concerning 'Languages' and for details
about our Special Issue.

Melita Stavrou
Guest Editor

Prof. Emerita AUTH