32.1090, FYI: Introducing Cambridge Scholars Publishing

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 26 03:52:04 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-1090. Thu Mar 25 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.1090, FYI: Introducing Cambridge Scholars Publishing

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 23:51:19
From: Jamie George [marketing at cambridgescholars.com]
Subject: Introducing Cambridge Scholars Publishing

This year, Cambridge Scholars Publishing (CSP) celebrates its twentieth year
as an independent academic publisher, with a particular focus on the
Humanities and Social Sciences. Since our foundation in Cambridge, UK, CSP has
grown to be one of the world’s leading scholarly book publishers, with a
backlist of more than 8000 titles, and more than 700 academic books due to
publish this year. By our reckoning, well over 500 CSP titles address the
fields of language and linguistics. It is our pleasure to continue to support
the work of Linguist List.

We are committed to supporting long-form research dissemination in all our
fields of academic and scholarly publishing, through the publication of
monographs and edited collections. This is, and will remain, our core focus in
the years ahead.

Cambridge Scholars Publishing Limited is not affiliated to or associated with
Cambridge University Press or the University of Cambridge.

We are proud of our reputation for author satisfaction. The publishing process
should be a rewarding experience. There is no cost to our authors/editors to
publish. We offer complimentary copies, a substantial author discount, and a
generous royalty scheme. We aim to retain a balance between our editorial
guidance and the level of control retained by our authors, acknowledging the
value of preserving the author’s own voice. We believe strongly in equality of
opportunity, diversity of voices, and an ecology of knowledge.

CSP publications are purchased by academic libraries across the world. Our
operational headquarters is located in the historic Lady Stephenson Library,
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, with a global network of distributors and
sales agents. You can read more about our work in this profile in the No Shelf
Required magazine:
http://www.noshelfrequired.com/cambridge-scholars-publishing-doing-simple-thin
gs-well/

It’s always our pleasure to invite authors and editors to consider a
publishing project with us. If you would like to discuss an idea or proposal
to write or edit a book with us, please get in touch. Alternatively, you can
visit the proposal submission page on our website.

Warm regards,

Cambridge Scholars Publishing

https://www.cambridgescholars.com/

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable