32.1534, Confs: Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon May 3 22:36:44 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-1534. Mon May 03 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.1534, Confs: Gen Ling/Online

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 18:36:19
From: Akshay Aitha [aitha at uchicago.edu]
Subject: 57th Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society

57th Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society
Short Title: CLS 57

Date: 06-May-2021 - 08-May-2021
Location: Chicago, IL (Online), USA
Contact: Akshay Aitha
Contact Email: chicagolinguisticsociety.cls57 at gmail.com
Meeting URL: http://chicagolinguisticsociety.org

The Chicago Linguistic Society is the oldest student-run linguistics
organization in the United States. This academic year, CLS will host its 57th
annual meeting, which will be held from from Thursday May 6 to Saturday May 8,
2021. CLS will be going virtual this year - details will be disseminated
closer to the date of the event. See our website
(http://chicagolinguisticsociety.org) for the latest updates!

Invited Presenters:
Ruth Kramer (Georgetown University)
N. Tulio Bermúdez (University of Chicago)
Kirby Conrod (University of Washington)
Vadim Kimmelman (University of Bergen)
Sandhya Sundaresan (University of Gottingen)
Kelly E. Wright (University of Michigan)

Announcement:

The official program and registration form for CLS 57 can now be found at our
website, http://chicagolinguisticsociety.org/. As a reminder, the conference
will be occurring over Zoom this upcoming weekend, May 6 - May 8, 2021. We
have a very interesting slate of presentations this year, and we're excited to
have you all come and engage with this state-of-the-art linguistics research!
Special sessions include the Syntax of South Asian Languages, a session on
Language Change, one on the Phonology-Syntax Interface, and a poster session
dedicated to Sign Linguistics.

All sessions of CLS 57 will be fully ASL-interpreted and captioned. If you are
not able to register in time, the conference will also be livestreamed on
YouTube; the relevant links can be found at our website (see above). The
recordings will be available for a week after the end of the event. We hope to
see you all soon!