32.1589, FYI: Call for Proposals: Handbook of Persian Discourse Studies (Springer Handbooks of Languages and Linguistics)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri May 7 08:57:30 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-1589. Fri May 07 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.1589, FYI: Call for Proposals: Handbook of Persian Discourse Studies (Springer Handbooks of Languages and Linguistics)

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 04:32:50
From: Zahra Ghane [persian.discourse.studies at gmail.com]

We are soliciting chapters for a volume to be published by Springer entitled
Handbook of Persian Discourse Studies. This volume brings together current
research on Persian discourse in order to provide a comprehensive survey of
discourse analyses and the rapid advances made therein.

Thus, this edited collection is intended to offer readers both novel research
and analytical rigor on ongoing research in the field. We welcome submissions
that fall into (but certainly are not limited to) the following areas:

- Cohesion and intertextuality in discourse
- Discourse and feelings
- Historical Discourse Analysis
- Gesture in Discourse
- Conversational Interaction
- Critical Discourse Analysis
- Register/genre Variation
- Language Ideologies
- Discourse and Racism
- Discourse and Gender
- Child Discourse
- Discourse and language contact
- Academic discourse
- Political Discourse
- Discourse and Media
- Discourse and translation
- Discourse Analysis in the Legal Context
- Discourse and health communication
- Discourse in educational Settings
- Discourse in the workplace
- Discourse and religion
- Discourse and music
- Computer-Mediated Discourse
- Code-Switching, Identity, and Globalization
- Discourse Markers: Language, Meaning, and Context
- Discourse and its interface with grammar and/or intonation
- Or many more topics

Authors are encouraged to propose their own themes if their research in the
subject area falls outside the preceding suggested topics, which again are
mere examples representative of our thematic paradigm. Researchers are invited
to submit proposals (150-400 words) for this volume. Chapters must be original
work and not under review for publication elsewhere. Please send us your
chapter proposal by May 31, 2021 as well as a short bio (max 100 words) for
each author.

Deadlines:

- Proposal submission: May 31, 2021
- Notification of accepted proposals: July 15, 2021
- Complete chapter submission: June 30, 2022
- Peer-reviewing and revisions (editors + publisher): June 30, 2022—October 1,
2022
- Revisions post-copyediting: October 1, 2022—December 1, 2022
- Review of revisions by editors of volume: December 1, 2022—January 15, 2023
- Submission of Drafts to Springer for peer-review (of publisher): January 15,
2023-February 15, 2023
- Correspondence with authors post publisher peer-review: February 15,
2023-May 15, 2023
- Publication date: Summer 2023

Please send all your correspondence to the following email address:

persian.discourse.studies at gmail.com

Best regards,

Zahra Ghane, Ph.D.
Institute for Language and Information Science
Heinrich Heine University, Germany

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis

Subject Language(s): Persian, Iranian (pes)

Language Family(ies): Indo-European