32.1754, FYI: Formation of the ''Network German-speaking minorities'' and Release of Website

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 19 12:51:40 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-1754. Wed May 19 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.1754, FYI: Formation of the ''Network German-speaking minorities'' and Release of Website

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 08:49:23
From: Janosch Leugner [janosch.leugner at hu-berlin.de]

We proudly announce the formation of the "Network German-speaking minorities"
and the release of our website https://netzwerkdeutschesprachminderheit.com/

The ‘Netzwerk Deutsche Sprachminderheitenforschung’ is a network of PhD and
post-docs interested in linguistic research on German speaking minorities
worldwide.
The network is constantly growing and counts currently 40 members from all
over the world (mainly Germany, the US and South America) who are working on
their thesis or research projects focusing on phenomena such as language
contact and change as well as on phenomena in the field of identity, attitudes
and ideologies related to language(s).
Our aim is to connect researches who work on similar topics, facilitate
scientific exchange and collaborations and to organize workshops, colloquiums
and congresses about related topics. For this purpose we meet online on a
regular basis and use Slack for daily communication. Our colloquium takes
place every two months where new results, open questions and methodological
problems are discussed in an open and informal setting.

Our ongoing projects are organized in working-groups and all decisions are
based on equal votes by the members. Everyone, who is interested in sharing
his or her research on German minorities is welcome to subscribe to the email
list on the website and join our network of young scientists.

Sincerly,

Janosch Leugner (HU Berlin), Edgar Baumgärtner (Viadrina Frankfurt Oder),
Caroline Reher (TU Dortmund)