32.1759, Jobs: Nigerian; Hausa; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, Pole to Win LTD

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 19 14:33:41 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-1759. Wed May 19 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.1759, Jobs: Nigerian; Hausa; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, Pole to Win LTD

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 10:33:05
From: Shanna Gurdial [shanna.gurdial at ptw.com]

University or Organization: Pole to Win LTD
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.ptw.com/
Job Title: Hausa Linguist
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology

Required Language(s): Hausa (hau)
                      Nigerian

Role: Hausa Linguist
Contract Type: Freelance
Location: Remote

We are looking for formally trained linguists who are able to complete audio
and phonemic transcription, audio analysis, as well as being involved in other
speech linguistic tasks.

Successful candidates will be part of a team, processing large amounts of
linguistic data and carrying out a number of tasks to improve the quality of
our client’s text-to-speech synthesis for the Hausa language.

What you will be doing:

Responsibilities include:
- Quality control, audio evaluation, proof-listening speech output, linguistic
research, and using in-house tools/systems.
- Pronunciation Transcription: transcribe words as they are commonly
pronounced in your language, according to the client’s phonemic transcription
conventions.
- Pronunciation Approval: evaluate pronunciation transcriptions for
correctness.
- Proofreading: proofreading of lines for a script to be used during
recordings; edit lines as needed according to the client’s proofreading
conventions.
- Recording QC: perform a number of quality checks on lines composed of audio,
text, and additional data annotation fields, assessing the audio for overall
recording quality, voice quality, and correct pronunciation.
- Ensuring the text matches the audio exactly and is formatted per the
client’s conventions.
- Marking prosody and adding any additional data requested.

Requirements:

What we are looking for:
- Candidates must have completed University-level coursework in general
linguistics, phonetics, phonology, and experience in phonemic transcription in
your native language (Hausa).
- A degree classified as BA Honours or BSc within Linguistics courses is
required.
- Minimum availability requirement of 10 hours per week.

Who we are:
PTW is a global services company that collaborate with video game developers
and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago
and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today.
Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the
games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all
platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.

We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning
the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE
works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services
for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and
product development studio.

Please visit the application link below to apply.

Welcome to PTW.

Web Address for Applications: https://apply.workable.com/j/3D1F09DB0D
Contact Information:
	Miss Shanna Gurdial