32.3436, Calls: General Linguistics/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 1 18:08:49 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3436. Mon Nov 01 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3436, Calls: General Linguistics/Poland

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 14:08:16
From: Dorota Klimek-Jankowska [dorota.klimek-jankowska at uwr.edu.pl]
Subject: Memorial Workshop in Honor of Prof. Joanna Błaszczak

Full Title: Memorial Workshop in Honor of Prof. Joanna Błaszczak

Date: 11-Dec-2021 - 11-Dec-2021
Location: Wroclaw (Hybrid), Poland
Contact Person: Dorota Klimek-Jankowska
Meeting Email: dorota.klimek-jankowska at uwr.edu.pl

Call Deadline: 15-Nov-2021

Meeting Description:

Joanna Blaszczak, Professor of Humanities, head of the Laboratory for
Experimental Research in Language, head of the Empirical and Theoretical
Linguistics (ETHEL) studies, and long-time employee of the Institute of
English Philology, passed away on the night of July 7-8, 2021 after a long
illness.

Joanna’s department at Wroclaw University together with her colleagues from
Leibniz-ZAS and Potsdam University are planning to commemorate Joanna in a
workshop on December 11th (Saturday), 2021. We will acknowledge her excellent
contribution to the field, her effortful supervision of many master and PhD
theses and her tireless engagement in the establishment of research networks.

To honor Joanna and her scientific achievements we would like to invite
researchers to present a brief talk. It can be a memory talk or a talk related
to Joanna's research interests or a presentation of Joanna’s contributions to
the field.

Call for Papers:

Please let us know until November 15th if you are interested in participating
and/or giving a presentation in the workshop by filling in this questionnaire:
https://forms.gle/musn8qVWubQU3an9A

The venue of the meeting is the University of Wroclaw. The meeting is planned
in hybrid form.

If you have any additional questions please contact Dorota Klimek-Jankowska
(dorota.klimek-jankowska at uwr.edu.pl) or Marzena Zygis (zygis at leibniz-zas.de).

Organizers:

Piotr Gulgowski
Hanna Kedzierska