32.3467, Challenge Update: Last Chance!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 3 19:21:37 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3467. Wed Nov 03 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3467, Challenge Update: Last Chance!

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Joshua Sims <joshua at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 15:20:54
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Challenge Update: Last Chance!

Dear Linguists,

As of this announcement, the counter on our website has reached $24,155.88 and
we are starting the countdown to the end of the Fund Drive. If you can
donate—if you want help ensure smooth operation of the LINGUIST List in
2022—now is the time. Any donation is appreciated; even $5 makes a difference.
Together, we are strong. There are thousands of linguists who read our posts
and can contribute. If you donate, your contribution might be the $5 that
makes a difference between whether the LINGUIST List can afford 6 or 7 editors
next year. As we are wrapping up this year’s Fund Drive, please make it happen
and donate before Friday at:

In the subfield challenge, sociolinguistics took a comfortable lead, with
$3,608 in donations. Phonology is in second, followed closely by Historical
Linguistics and Syntax—which had previously held the first place spot! Check
the rankings at https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ and you may just
be able to raise your subfield in the rankings.
19 linguists from the University of South Carolina ensured the top rank of
their university in our university challenge with a combined donation of
$1,300. They are followed closely by Indiana University, Stanford University,
Wayne State University and the University of Illinois. Thank you for your
continued support! In the country challenge, the leader is the US with 156
donors, followed by Germany, UK, Canada, Italy and Australia.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in our Fund Drive challenges. We
appreciate your donations, whether you took your subfield or university to the
top of the rankings, or whether you were the only donor from your area of
study. We are happy to see the support of such a variety of linguists!

Our warmest thanks to all contributors! There is no LINGUIST List without its
readers, thank you linguistics!

Malgosia and the LINGUIST List team