32.3542, Calls: Linguistic Theories/Japan

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 9 10:10:16 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3542. Tue Nov 09 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3542, Calls: Linguistic Theories/Japan

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2021 05:10:08
From: Hisao Tokizaki [toki at sapporo-u.ac.jp]
Subject: 12th Workshop on Phonological Externalization of Morphosyntactic Structure

Full Title: 12th Workshop on Phonological Externalization of Morphosyntactic Structure
Short Title: phex 12

Date: 13-Feb-2022 - 13-Feb-2022
Location: Online (hosted by Sapporo University), Japan
Contact Person: Hisao Tokizaki
Meeting Email: toki at sapporo-u.ac.jp
Web Site: https://toki482.wixsite.com/phex12

Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories

Call Deadline: 20-Dec-2021

Meeting Description:

phex 12 is the second (online) workshop of our research project “The Mapping
from Syntax to Phonology: Theory, Typology and History,’’ which is a
continuation of our project “Phonological Externalization of Morphosyntactic
Structure: Universals and Variables'' (2015-2020, phex 1-10). Following the
success of the previous workshops in Sapporo, Niigata, Tokyo and Lexington,
KY, we are glad to invite abstracts for presentation about the
morphosyntax-phonology interface.

Call for Papers:

Possible topics include:
Topic 1: The mechanism of Externalization
Topic 2: Linear order of constituents, morphemes, and/or phonemes
Topic 3: Mapping of syntactic structure onto phonological structure
Topic 4: Phonological approaches to syntactic phenomena
Topic 5: Diachronic study of the syntax-phonology interface

Please submit an anonymous abstract (A4, no more than 1 page, excluding
references) of your unpublished work by EasyChair:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=phex12

The deadline for abstract submission is December 20, 2021. We will notify the
result by January 10, 2022.

Invited Speakers:

Nick Kalivoda (Lund University)
Norvin Richards (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
Organizer: Hisao Tokizaki (Sapporo University)

Program Committee:

Yoshihito Dobashi (Chukyo University)
Kayono Shiobara (Tokyo Woman's Christian University)
Hisao Tokizaki (Sapporo University)
Tomohiro Yanagi (Chubu University)