32.3545, Calls: Morphology, Typology/Greece

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 9 10:46:57 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3545. Tue Nov 09 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3545, Calls: Morphology, Typology/Greece

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2021 05:37:59
From: Giorgos Markopoulos [g.markopoulos at aegean.gr]
Subject: 13th Mediterranean Morphology Meeting

Full Title: 13th Mediterranean Morphology Meeting
Short Title: MMM13

Date: 19-May-2022 - 22-May-2022
Location: Rhodes, Greece
Contact Person: Giorgos Markopoulos
Meeting Email: mediterraneanmorphologymeeting at gmail.com
Web Site: https://mmm13.aegean.gr/

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology; Typology

Call Deadline: 10-Jan-2022

Meeting Description:

The Mediterranean Morphology Meeting is a biennial conference that brings
together linguists from diverse theoretical backgrounds and at various stages
of their career to discuss morphology in an inspiring, informal, and
interactive setting.

The 13th Mediterranean Morphology Meeting (MMM13) will take place May 19-22,
2022, organized by the Department of Mediterranean Studies, University of the
Aegean, on the island of Rhodes (Greece). The conference will be live with
in-person participation. There is a thematic session and an open session.

Invited speakers:

Laura Michaelis (University of Colorado at Boulder)
Peter Arkadiev (Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow)

Organizers:

Jenny Audring
Katerina T. Franzi (Chair of the local organizing committee)
Nikos Koutsoukos
Francesca Masini

Local organizing committee:

Marianthi Georgallidou
Hasan Kaili
Eleni Karantzola
George Kotzoglou
Giorgos Markopoulos
Kalomoira Nikolou

Final Call for Papers:

Pre-conference workshop: Semitic morphology

Semitic morphology has been a highly debated topic within morphological
theory. The main focus of the debate concerns the type of the basic
morphological units (e.g. roots/stems/words) and the nature of word formation
(e.g. item-and-arrangement/process/paradigm). From a typological point of
view, the question arises as to whether Semitic morphology falls into a
separate category that is based on the combination of consonantal roots and
vocalic patterns or whether it should be viewed as a stem/word-based system
similar to the ones of other synthetic languages.

For this workshop, we invite contributions from any theoretical background
that aim at deepening our understanding of the architecture of Semitic
morphology and address (but are not necessarily limited to) the above
theoretical and typological issues.

Invited speaker

Noam Faust (Université Paris 8 / CNRS SFL)

Organizers

Katerina Frantzi
Marianthi Georgallidou
Hasan Kaili
Eleni Karantzola
George Kotzoglou
Giorgos Markopoulos
Kalomoira Nikolou

Abstract submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mmm13ws

We invite abstracts of max. 500 words (excluding references) for oral
presentations. Presenters can submit up to two abstracts, one as single/main
author and one as co-author.

Important dates

Deadline for abstract submission: 10 January 2022
Notification of decision: 28 February 2022
Program available: 15 March 2022

Contact email
mailto:mmm13 at aegean.gr

MMM 13 website