32.3585, Calls: Applied Ling, Cog Sci, Comp Ling, Psycholing, Translation/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 12 03:37:13 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3585. Thu Nov 11 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3585, Calls: Applied Ling, Cog Sci, Comp Ling, Psycholing, Translation/Germany

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 22:15:39
From: Zoe Miljanovic [zoe.miljanovic at ifaar.rwth-aachen.de]
Subject: TRICKLET Conference

Full Title: TRICKLET Conference

Date: 19-May-2022 - 20-May-2022
Location: Aachen, Germany
Contact Person: Jonas Freiwald
Meeting Email: events at ifaar.rwth-aachen.de
Web Site: https://www.anglistik.rwth-aachen.de/cms/Anglistik/Forschung/Konferenzen-Veranstaltungen/~oxeqv/tricklet-conference-2022/lidx/1/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 19-Nov-2021

Meeting Description:

We, the TRICKLET team at the RWTH Aachen University in Germany, are hosting a
translation studies conference on May 19-20, 2022. The conference theme is
“Model building in empirical translation studies”.

In recent years, a wide range of empirical studies have yielded insight on
various aspects of translations, using increasingly sophisticated
corpus-linguistic or psycholinguistic methods. It is time to take stock of
this empirical insight and review the contribution of these studies to an
emerging model or theory of translation that is grounded in empirical
evidence. This conference offers a space for the discussion of the
compatibility and convergence of these contributions, and whether the multiple
dimensions that they cover can be meaningfully integrated into one consistent
model of translation. Specifically, the conference will also encourage insight
into the role of language theory in an empirical translation model. We would
like to invite you to contribute to this joint effort and to enter this
discussion by presenting an oral paper or a poster.

At the moment, we are planning the conference as an in-person event, here with
us in Aachen. Below, you will find our call for papers. Please feel free to
forward it to your colleagues. You can also visit our website (still partly
under construction):
https://www.anglistik.rwth-aachen.de/cms/Anglistik/Forschung/Konferenzen-Veran
staltungen/~oxeqv/tricklet-conference-2022/lidx/1/

We are looking forward to your contributions! If you have any questions,
please contact events at ifaar.rwth-aachen.de.

The TRICKLET Team (Stella Neumann, Jonas Freiwald, Arndt Heilmann, Tatiana
Serbina and Zoe Miljanovic)

Final Call for Papers:

Dear colleagues,

After a number of requests, we decided to extend the deadline for submissions
to the TRICKLET Conference until 19th November 2021.

Abstracts need to be submitted via e-mail. Please send them as PDFs to
events at ifaar.rwth-aachen.de.

For further information, please visit the conference website at:
https://www.anglistik.rwth-aachen.de/cms/Anglistik/Forschung/Konferenzen-Veran
staltungen/~oxeqv/tricklet-conference-2022/lidx/1/ or contact the conference
organisers via email at events at ifaar.rwth-aachen.de.

We are looking forward to your contributions!

Best wishes,

The TRICKLET Team (Stella, Jonas, Arndt, Tatiana and Zoe)