32.3634, Jobs: General Linguistics; Ling & Literature: Chair and Professor, Department of English, Metropolitan State University of Denver

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 18 21:22:08 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3634. Thu Nov 18 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3634, Jobs: General Linguistics; Ling & Literature: Chair and Professor, Department of English, Metropolitan State University of Denver

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 16:21:37
From: Tony Ngo [tony at jobelephant.com]
Subject: General Linguistics; Ling & Literature: Chair and Professor, Department of English, Metropolitan State University of Denver, CO, USA

University or Organization: Metropolitan State University of Denver
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Colorado, USA
Job Title: Chair and Professor, Department of English
Job Rank: Chair of Department

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Ling & Literature

The Department of English at MSU Denver invites applications for the position
of Department Chair and Professor. This is a 12-month administrative
appointment reporting to the Dean of the College of Letters, Arts, and
Sciences, beginning August 2022. The new Chair will be appointed with tenure
at the rank of Associate or Full Professor, with a strong preference for
candidates that meet the requirements for Full Professor and have a
demonstrated track-record of strong leadership. Candidate expertise may be in
any of the fields represented within the department: Composition/Rhetoric;
Creative Writing; Literature; Film and Media Studies; English Education;
and/or Linguistics.

MSU Denver and the Department of English are committed to active and strategic
initiatives in our work toward educational equity and promoting a culture of
access and inclusion for our students, staff, and faculty. We seek to sustain
an inclusive community where all individuals at MSU Denver and in the
Department of English are respected, feel a sense of belonging, and are
provided proper resources and skillsets to be successful. This success is not
limited to our humanities-focused education, but also to the broader
development of our students as engaged citizens and valued contributors to the
discipline, the community, and society.

MSU Denver is particularly interested in applicants who have experience
working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment
to improving access to higher education for under-represented and historically
minoritized groups. Our student population consists of over 55%
first-generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated
Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) located in downtown Denver. As the third
largest institution of higher education in Colorado and the only institution
with an open access mission, MSU Denver is a model university for today’s
college students. The University serves the most diverse undergraduate student
population in the state, as well as the most first-generation students and
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals students.

Complete applications received by Friday, January 14, 2022 at 11:59 PM MST
will receive full consideration. All applicants must submit an application
through our online system via the application link below.

In order for an applicant to be considered for the position, the applicant
must have a complete file with the following:
 - Curriculum Vitae
 - Cover Letter/Letter of Application
 - Diversity Statement. In the application section labelled “Other Document,”
please provide a diversity statement.
 - Please prepare a list of three professional references and their contact
information.

Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.

The health and safety of students, faculty, staff and our prospective
teammates are our highest priority and as an institution, we are required to
have proof of vaccination on file for all employees.

MSU Denver is requiring all employees to provide proof of being fully
vaccinated for Covid-19, or to submit an exemption and be subject to following
the Covid-19 safety protocols. As an employee of MSU Denver, an exemption or
lack of proof of vaccination will require you to submit to weekly Covid-19
testing starting the week of August 23, 2021. Additionally, all institutions
on campus are requiring that masks be worn indoors regardless of your
vaccinations status.

Application Deadline: 14-Jan-2022 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://apptrkr.com/2645189
Contact Information:
	Tanya Rogowsky
	Email: trogowsk at msudenver.edu