32.3657, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics / Applied Sciences (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 19 22:22:37 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3657. Fri Nov 19 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3657, Calls:  Applied Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics / Applied Sciences (Jrnl)

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 17:22:16
From: Michal Ptaszynski [srobinson at nevada.unr.edu]

Full Title: Applied Sciences

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 20-Dec-2021

Call for Papers:

This is Michal Ptaszynski from Kitami Institute of Technology, Japan.
We are accepting papers for the Applied Sciences journal (Impact Factor:
2.679) special issue on ''Recent Developments in Creative Language
Processing''. The deadline for manuscript submission is December 20, 2021, but
your paper will be sent for review as soon as it is submitted, and will be
published as soon as it is accepted.

We were also able to assure several additional discount vouchers for
processing fees for the prospective authors. Specifically, we have 2x100% and
4x50% discounts. We will give them away in a first-come-first-serve manner
(obviously the discount will apply if the paper is accepted).

If you were interested in submitting the paper and also obtain the processing
fee discount, please, let me know directly.

We hope you will consider submitting your paper.
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/applsci/special_issues/Developments_Creative_Lang
uage_Processing

Best regards,
Michal PTASZYNSKI, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science
Kitami Institute of Technology,
165 Koen-cho, Kitami, 090-8507, Japan
TEL/FAX: +81-157-26-9327
michal at mail.kitami-it.ac.jp

Applied Sciences (Impact Factor: 2.679)
Special Issue on ''Recent Developments in Creative Language Processing''
Aims and scope

The SI focuses on topics deepening the knowledge on the creative use of
language. Instead of taking up basic topics from the fields of CL and NLP,
such as improvement of part-of-speech tagging, we will promote research
focused on such creative topics as humor processing, deceptive language
processing, figurative language processing, and others for which the generally
perceived state-of-the-art has not been established yet.

Target audience:
The SI is addressed at the audience comprised of scientists, researchers,
scholars, students and practitioners performing research in the analysis or
generation of language, with a specific weight put on studies focused on the
creative use of language, and the creative methods for the processing of
language. The Special Issue will not accept research on basic topics for which
the field has been well established, such as improvement of part-of-speech
tagging, etc., unless they directly contribute to the idea of creative
processing of language phenomena.

List of Topics:
The Special Issue will invite papers on topics listed, but not limited to the
following:
- natural language processing
- computational linguistics
- creative language processing
- figurative language processing
- NLP applications
- natural language generation
- emotional language processing
- humor and joke processing
- deceptive language detection
- emoticon processing
- automatic cyberbullying detection
- fake news detection
- abusive language processing
- story generation
- poetry generation

Submission Guidelines
See the webpage for details:
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/applsci/special_issues/Developments_Creative_Lang
uage_Processing#info

Deadline for submitting manuscripts: December 20, 2021

Special Issue Editors:
Michal Ptaszynski (Kitami Institute of Technology,
michal at mail.kitami-it.ac.jp)
Rafal Rzepka (Hokkaido University, rzepka at ist.hokudai.ac.jp)
Pawel Dybala (Jagiellonian University, pawel.dybala at uj.edu.pl)
For further information, please feel free to contact Michal Ptaszynski
directly.
Michal Ptaszynski
michal.ptaszynski at gmail.com