32.3230, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Lecturer – Linguistics, Monash University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 13 19:39:30 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3230. Wed Oct 13 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3230, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Lecturer – Linguistics, Monash University

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 15:38:42
From: Christine Vozikis [hr-recruitment at monash.edu]
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Lecturer – Linguistics, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia

University or Organization: Monash University
Department: Faculty of Arts
Job Location: Melbourne, Australia
Web Address: https://www.monash.edu/
Job Title: Lecturer – Linguistics
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Job No.: 625614
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $101,130 - $120,093 pa Level B (plus 17% employer
superannuation)

Be inspired, every day
Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions

Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give
you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new
directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and
learning facilities, and outstanding opportunities to collaborate
internationally. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds,
driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other
inspiring, empowering thinkers.

The Opportunity:
The School of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics is one of the
largest schools in the Faculty of Arts, the Linguistics Program has a
particular strength in exploring multilingualism and multilingual societies,
including areas such as language and globalisation, language learning and
teaching, language typology, multimodality and language endangerment. The
program offers an undergraduate major in Linguistics and English Language and
a Master of Applied Linguistics.

The Linguistics program has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer to join
their team.

The Lecturer will be expected to coordinate and teach at the undergraduate and
postgraduate levels of the Linguistics program, engage in team-teaching,
develop new content units and participate in curriculum development. We seek
candidates with a strong track record in linguistics and language learning in
languages other than English, including but not limited to: study
abroad/student mobility, language learning and technology, language learning
outside of the classroom, language policy, multimodality.

The Lecturer will undertake research supervision of HDR students; engage in
original and innovative research (including, potentially, collaborative
research), participate in grant applications, and engage in various
administrative tasks within the Linguistics program and School.

The successful applicant will have a doctoral qualification in applied
linguistics or a related discipline with a focus on second language learning
of languages other than English, as well as a demonstrated analytical and
manuscript preparation skills; including developing a solid track record of
refereed research publications.

This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may
be negotiated.

At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation.
This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid
Working with Children Check.

Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to
apply for Monash Jobs".

Enquiries:
Associate Professor Kevin Foster, Head of School, School of Languages,
Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics, at the email address below.

Position Description: Download File Lecturer – Linguistics

Closing Date: Tuesday 9 November 2021, 11:55pm AEDT

Please apply via the application link below.

Application Deadline: 09-Nov-2021

Web Address for Applications: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/513/cw/en/job/625614/lecturer-linguistics
Contact Information:
	Associate Professor Kevin Foster