32.3346, Calls: Clinical Ling, Lang Acquisition, Neuroling, Phonetics, Phonology/Spain

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 25 15:53:57 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3346. Mon Oct 25 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3346, Calls: Clinical Ling, Lang Acquisition, Neuroling, Phonetics, Phonology/Spain

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 11:53:26
From: Antje Stoehr [a.stoehr at bcbl.eu]
Subject: First Interdisciplinary Workshop on Phonology and Dyslexia

Full Title: First Interdisciplinary Workshop on Phonology and Dyslexia

Date: 26-Jan-2022 - 26-Jan-2022
Location: Donostia-San Sebastián & Online, Spain
Contact Person: Antje Stoehr
Meeting Email: dyslexiaphonologyocp19 at bcbl.eu
Web Site: https://phonology-dyslexia.github.io

Linguistic Field(s): Clinical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Phonetics; Phonology

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 01-Nov-2021

Meeting Description:

We are excited to announce the first interdisciplinary workshop on Phonology
and Dyslexia that will be part of the Old World Conference on Phonology
(OCP19). Here the neuro-cognitive study of Dyslexia will join forces with
theoretical Phonology to address questions in the core of both disciplines:

- What aspects of phonological representations are affected in dyslexia?
- Can theoretical phonology provide experimental work with more fine-grained
and theoretically motivated measures?
- How can theoretical phonology handle individual diverse or ‘unstable’
phonological representations?

Call for Papers:

Don't miss a chance to present your work at the 1st Interdisciplinary Workshop
on Phonology and Dyslexia to be held this January 26, 2022 in Donostia - San
Sebastián (Spain). Abstract submission is open for both oral presentations and
posters (follow instructions on the webpage
https://phonology-dyslexia.github.io). The extended deadline for abstract
submission is November 1, 2021.

You are warmly invited to send submissions covering both theoretical and
experimental work on phonology and dyslexia. We especially look forward to
abstracts featuring work bridging the two disciplines.

As this is a hybrid event you can choose to present either online or on-site.
On-site places are limited due to COVID regulations, so please complete your
registration early to secure an on-site place.

Did you know that by registering to the Workshop on Phonology and Dyslexia you
are eligible for a free registration to The Old World Conference on Phonology
(OCP19, January 26-28, 2022)? Follow instructions on our website to register.

What will the workshop include?
The workshop will feature a full day scientific program, split into two parts
- morning and afternoon - broken down by lunch and coffee breaks. Each session
includes Slide Presentations from speakers with diverse scientific
backgrounds, followed by a Keynote address and a Poster session.

Our Keynote Speakers:
Usha Goswami - Professor at the University of Cambridge, a renowned scientific
expert in the neural basis of Developmental Dyslexia.

Alan Yu - Professor at the University of Chicago, specialized in both
Theoretical and Experimental Phonology and recognized expert in the role of
individual differences.

Please consult our website for information
https://phonology-dyslexia.github.io and follow us on Twitter for updates
@OCP19plus. We look forward to seeing you at the Workshop.

The Phonology and Dyslexia Workshop Organizing Committee:
Anastasia Klimovich-Gray
Alberto Furgoni
Antje Stoehr
Christoforos Souganidis