32.3359, Fund Drive Lottery Week 6

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 25 23:27:05 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3359. Mon Oct 25 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3359, Fund Drive Lottery Week 6

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Joshua Sims <joshua at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 19:26:40
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive Lottery Week 6

All LINGUIST Listers,

As our 2021 Fund Drive starts to wind to a close, we have an EXCITING
giveaway! This week, we will have a smorgasbord of books that we are raffling
off. All those who donate this week will have a chance to win wonderful prizes
which were graciously provided by our supporting publishers. Donations need
not be large; a donation of just $2 (less than a cup of Hot Cocoa) from all of
our users would easily launch us past our fund drive goal.

The rules are simple:
One donation = one entry into the drawing. To donate, click this link:

Donors who donate between now and Friday, October 29 will be entered in this
week’s drawing.
And here is the prizes that could be yours!!!

****

>From Cambridge:

Gramling -- The Invention of Multilingualism
(https://www.cambridge.org/gb/academic/subjects/languages-linguistics/applied-
linguistics-and-second-language-acquisition/invention-multilingualism?format=P
B)

Grosjean -- Life as a Bilingual
(https://www.cambridge.org/gb/academic/subjects/languages-linguistics/multilin
gualism/life-bilingual-knowing-and-using-two-or-more-languages?format=PB)

Trudgill -- European Language Matters
(https://www.cambridge.org/gb/academic/subjects/languages-linguistics/history-
english-language/european-language-matters-english-its-european-context?format
=PB)

Freidin -- Adventures in English Syntax
(https://www.cambridge.org/gb/academic/subjects/languages-linguistics/applied-
linguistics-and-second-language-acquisition/adventures-english-syntax?format=P
B)

>From Wiley:

Pragmatics and its Applications to TESOL and SLA
By Salvatore Attardo and Lucy Pickering
https://www.wiley.com/en-us/Pragmatics+and+its+Applications+to+TESOL+and+SLA-p
-9781119554288

****

What an exciting opportunity to win excellent publications for yourself! These
giveaways are just a small way for us to say thank you to all of our donors
and supporters. Without donations from our users, LINGUIST List will simply be
unable to continue to unite our discipline by facilitating the compilation and
dissemination of linguistically-relevant books, journals, reviews, job
postings, and conference postings, just to name of few of our numerous
services you rely upon. Every little bit helps!

Thanks and good luck!

With gratitude,
– Your LINGUIST List team