32.3010, CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS: “Silver Lining” Stories

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 23 02:36:29 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3010. Wed Sep 22 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3010, CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS: “Silver Lining” Stories

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Joshua Sims <joshua at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 22:36:04
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS: “Silver Lining” Stories

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS: “Silver Lining” Stories

The theme for this year’s Fund Drive is Silver Linings. 2020 was marked by
numerous tragedies, the most far-reaching of them being the global pandemic;
however, in the midst of these difficult circumstances, human ingenuity,
courage, and compassion shone through, including in our field of linguistics.
We’d love to hear from you, our subscribers, about a Silver Lining you’ve
experienced in the past year. This could be a way that you continued research
despite restrictions on movement/travel, or a method that you found
particularly effective for making Zoom classes/meetings more bearable, or
perhaps a way that your community banded together to meet each others’ needs.
The possibilities are endless!

If you have such a story, please share it with us by sending it to
funddrive at linguistlist.org. With your permission, we would love to share it
with the rest of the subscribing community as a way to inspire and encourage
one another.

We at LINGUIST List were certainly inspired by the number of creative
solutions we saw come through the mailing list, from online conferences to
remote jobs. We are proud to have made it through about 18 months of pandemic
conditions while continuing to serve you, our subscribers! We would love to be
able to continue connecting and enabling the linguistics community for many
years to come, so if you are able, please consider contributing to this year’s
Fund Drive!

The Indiana University Foundation solicits tax-deductible private
contributions for the benefit of Indiana University and is registered to
solicit charitable contributions in all states requiring registration. For our
full disclosure statement, see  go.iu.edu/29UK.

By providing your email address on the crowdfunding campaign website, you are
opting in to receive emails from Indiana University. If you do not wish to
receive emails from Indiana University please make a note in the comment field
of the form.