32.3016, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Phonetics, Pragmatics, Psycholinguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics / Languages (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 23 20:59:11 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3016. Thu Sep 23 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3016, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Phonetics, Pragmatics, Psycholinguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics / Languages (Jrnl)

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:59:01
From: Katharina Spalek [katharina.spalek at hhu.de]

Full Title: Languages

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Phonetics; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2022

Dear colleagues,

the journal Languages (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/languages) is hosting a
special issue titled “Exploring the Role of Focus Alternatives in Language
Production”. I would like to invite you to submit your research to this
special issue if you are working on questions concerning the influence of
focus alternatives on the manner or content of language production or if you
are interested in the online activation of alternatives during focus
production.

Contributions can include, but are not restricted to, investigations on how
the presence of contextual affects pronunciation, how a focused element is
retrieved during speech planning or how the presence of alternatives shapes
the content and the form of the later discourse.

Please see the website
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/languages/special_issues/Focus_Alternatives for
more information and submission deadlines. Note that you have to submit an
abstract by October 31st 2021. Once this abstract has been assessed, you will
be invited to submit a full paper.

Please get back to me with any questions you have about this special issue.
And feel free to distribute this call!

Best wishes,
Katharina