32.3038, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Assistant Professor in Computational Linguistics (tenure-track), Florida State University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 28 19:29:12 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3038. Tue Sep 28 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3038, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Assistant Professor in Computational Linguistics (tenure-track), Florida State University

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 15:27:53
From: Jennifer Morton [jmorton at fsu.edu]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Assistant Professor in Computational Linguistics (tenure-track), Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, USA

University or Organization: Florida State University
Department: Modern Languages & Linguistics
Job Location: Florida, USA
Web Address: https://modlang.fsu.edu/
Job Title: Assistant Professor in Computational Linguistics (tenure-track)
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

The Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics at the Florida State
University invites applications for a 9 month tenure-track Assistant Professor
position in Computational Linguistics beginning August 2022. Applicants must
have a PhD from an accredited institution or the highest degree appropriate in
Linguistics, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field.
Applicants must have met the requirements for the  degree by the time of
appointment. The successful candidate will contribute to our BA/BS in
Linguistics as well as our graduate programs and will be expected to teach two
courses per semester at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.

Candidates are expected to participate in the intellectual life of the
department, whose programs, curriculum, and events bring together faculty from
multiple languages and disciplines. Please visit our website
(https://modlang.fsu.edu) for more information about the department.

The Florida State University accepts online applications via the application
URL below. To apply, submit a complete dossier including a cover letter, a CV,
a research statement, a teaching statement, a writing sample, and a diversity
statement. Three letters of recommendation must be requested separately
through the FSU system via the ‘My References’ link..

Review of applications will begin November 1, 2021 and the position will
remain open until filled.

Any questions may be directed to Dr. Antje Muntendam, Chair of the Search
Committee, at the email address below.

FSU is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran
Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at:
http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.PDF

Application Deadline: 01-Nov-2021 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U
Contact Information:
	Dr. Antje Muntendam
	Email: amuntendam at fsu.edu