32.3063, Confs: Applied Linguistics, Phonetics, Phonology, Sociolinguistics/Switzerland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 29 10:04:30 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-3063. Wed Sep 29 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.3063, Confs: Applied Linguistics, Phonetics, Phonology, Sociolinguistics/Switzerland

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 06:04:03
From: Marie-Hélène Côté [marie-helene.cote at unil.ch]
Subject: 'R-atics

'R-atics
Short Title: 'R-atics

Date: 18-Nov-2021 - 19-Nov-2021
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contact: Marie-Hélène Côté
Contact Email: marie-helene.cote at unil.ch
Meeting URL: https://wp.unil.ch/r-atics7/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology; Sociolinguistics

Meeting Description:

The Section des sciences du langage et de l’information at the Université de
Lausanne organizes the ’R-atics 7 colloquium in Lausanne (Switzerland) on
November 18-19, 2021. ‘R-atics gathers an international network of researchers
working on different issues concerning r sounds and has been previously
organized in Nijmegen (The Netherlands), Brussels (Belgium), Bozen (Italy),
Grenoble (France), Leeuwarden (The Netherlands), and Paris (France). This is
an international mid-size specific conference that enhances mutual cooperation
in a friendly environment on phonetic, phonological, sociolinguistic and
diachronic aspects of rhotics. The 2021 edition will include, in addition to
the usual themes, a workshop on data collection and analysis of air flow and
air pressure measures.

Program:

Dear colleagues, We are pleased to announce the 7th edition of 'r-atics
(international conference on rhotic sounds) in Lausanne on November 18-19,
2021. The conference will be held in person, but it will also be made
available online. All those willing to attend it - in person or online - must
complete the appropriate registration form on our eventbrite page
(https://www.eventbrite.com/e/r-atics7-tickets-171265749467). The program and
other details are available on the conference website:
https://wp.unil.ch/r-atics7/program-abstracts/

Hope to see you in Lausanne.