33.3747, Calls: Korean; Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Psycholing, Text/Corpus Ling/Czech Republic

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 8 05:39:55 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3747. Thu Dec 08 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3747, Calls: Korean; Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Psycholing, Text/Corpus Ling/Czech Republic

Moderators:

Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 05:39:04
From: Gyu-Ho Shin [gyuhoshin at gmail.com]
Subject: 23rd Meeting of the International Circle of Korean Linguistics

Full Title: 23rd Meeting of the International Circle of Korean Linguistics
Short Title: ICKL 2023

Date: 28-Jun-2023 - 30-Jun-2023
Location: Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Gyu-Ho Shin
Meeting Email: ickl2023 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/ickl2023/home

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Korean (kor)

Call Deadline: 31-Dec-2022

Meeting Description:

The 23rd Biennial Meeting of the International Circle of Korean Linguistics
(ICKL 2023) is held at Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic on 28-30
June 2023. This is the fifth international academic fest focusing on Korean
language and linguistics since the merger of the Harvard-ISOKL (Harvard
International Symposium on Korean Linguistics) into the ICKL (International
Circle of Korean Linguistics), and also the first ICKL conference in Czech
Republic. ICKL 2023 is being planned as a fully in-person event (following
COVID-19 protocols dictated by the University).

Invited Speakers
- Nayoung KWON (University of Oregon)
- Sun Hee PARK (Ewha Womans University)
- Jieun KIAER (University of Oxford)

Conference website:
https://sites.google.com/view/ickl2023/home

2nd Call for Papers:

*** Abstract submission deadline extended: 31 December 2022***

The 23rd Meeting of the International Circle of Korean Linguistics
Theme: Empirical approaches to Korean language and linguistics
Location: Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic
Date: 28-30 June 2023

The 23rd Biennial Meeting of the International Circle of Korean Linguistics
(ICKL 2023) is held at Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic on 28-30
June 2023. ICKL 2023 is being planned as a fully in-person event (following
COVID-19 protocols dictated by the University).

Invited Speakers
- Nayoung KWON (University of Oregon)
- Sun Hee PARK (Ewha Womans University)
- Jieun KIAER (University of Oxford)

We welcome abstracts for papers on any aspect of Korean language and
linguistics including, but not limited to (in alphabetical order):
- Bilingualism
- Computational Linguistics
- Corpus Linguistics
- First/Second Language Acquisition
- Historical-Comparative Linguistics
- Interactional Linguistics
- Language Learning and Teaching
- Morphology
- Natural Language Processing
- Phonetics
- Phonology
- Pragmatics
- Psycholinguistics
- Semantics
- Sociolinguistics
- Syntax

We particularly welcome any study that fits the theme of ICKL 2023 --
empirical approaches to Korean language and linguistics, whether it be
corpus-based, experimental, or computational. We also accept abstracts for
on-going research as long as they clearly state research questions/hypotheses,
approaches, methods, data and expected results. In addition, we encourage
student researchers to submit their work.

Presenters will be encouraged to submit their work for consideration to Korean
Linguistics (https://benjamins.com/catalog/kl), the journal of ICKL publishing
the state-of-the-art of research in Korean linguistics.

For abstract submission (guidelines), please refer to the conference website:
https://sites.google.com/view/ickl2023/home

Important dates:
31 December 2022: Abstract submission deadline
early February 2023: Notification of acceptance
early March 2023: Registration
early May 2023: Registration deadline for the presenters
28–30 June 2023: Conference

Please direct all enquiries to ickl2023(at)gmail.com

 The 2022 Fund Drive is under way! Please visit https://funddrive.linguistlist.org